NINE

Silence.

For a second everything seems to have stopped. People stared at Lady Mary in disbelief and shock. She just had a busted look on her face that proved everything. Brendon stood next to Lucy smiling widely as the whole scene happened. Dallon had a small smirk laying on his lips as he carefully looked up from his bass. My heart skipped a beat and I didn't dare to breathe as I took everything in. We did it. We proved it. They would execute her and Brendon would live again.

All of the sudden people charged themselves towards Lady Mary who was beginning to run away. They got all kinds of gear which stood around on the corners. I was surprised that o hadn't noticed there before but they faded in with the other inventions who were here.

Soon a net caught the woman who ha killed her husband and people began to hold her down. "Leave Me! I didn't do anything! I'm innocent! Why do you believe a stupid child!", she screamed out in fear what just had it even more away. Her eyes locked with mine for a brief second.

Regret.

That was what I could see in her eyes. But not regretting killing her husband. Regretting not getting away with it. How could someone be like her? A smile crept on my lips and she threw a hateful glance towards me before trying to free herself again what failed miserably.

Peace will win.

With a great feeling in my stomach i stayed aside and watched the scene. We did it. We would safe Brendon and do justice to her. She would get what she deserves. Our town was quick when it came to speak people guilty of murder. Maybe sometimes too quick but this time definitely not.

While I watched the crowd tying Lady Mary's hands together I felt a cold feeling in my own.  I looked down to see what it was. Another hand. My gaze slowly wandered up the arm put in black cloth although I already knew who it was without looking. Still. I looked up into his beautiful face. He was smiling slightly and looking at me. I couldn't help but return that smile before I turned my gaze back to the others and squeezed his hand lightly.

They walked her outside. She finally had given up fighting but was now crying. Still I didn't feel bad the slightest. She would get what she deserved. It was her own fault. She threw a future with this wonderful man away just for money. She was stupid.

I felt Brendon pull my hand lightly and followed him towards the window. Lady Mary now stood on the pyre with closed eyes. Her head was slightly tilted down as she was tied to the big pole in the middle of all the wood. Then they came. The deathsman.

The victorious feeling in my chest for a little smaller as I saw how they ignited the wood. She did bad stuff and deserved it. That still didn't mean I'd want to watch a human burn to death. I turned towards Brendon who looked out with a smile before turning to me smiling even wider. The dancing flames glistened in his brown eyes as he locked them with mine. I nodded and smiled as well.

All of the sudden I lost my grip around Brendons hand. I squeezed but there was nothing to hold onto. I looked down. He faded away. I looked at him shocked but he just smiled jet so sweet and excited. My gaze wandered to Dallon in worry who just nodded smiling and the worry faded away like Brendons ghost body.

I turned back and there was nothing left of him. I stared at the wall for a few seconds before I found the strength to look towards the place Brendons physical form lay out. I heard a scream from Lucy and began to smile.

" Uncle!", her voice was filled with happiness. I closed my eyes turning around and opened them slowly. My heart raced inside my chest like it was trying to run out of my body. There he was. Well and alive. Hugging Lucy and laughing.

My vision got blurry as tears began to fill my eyes. I but my lip to stop the sobs from coming out of my throat. He lived again. We relived him. Happiness was filling my whole body. I began to shake lightly. Then I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. I turned around to reveal that the man who made all of this possible in the first place stood there.

"Dallon! Thank you so much!", I said as tears began to leave my eyes down my cheeks. I couldn't stop them. Instead I hugged Dallon tightly for a few seconds repeating thank you a thousand times.

When we pulled apart again he smiled at me and said. "My job her is done. Go get him." Then he turned around and left casually as if nothing had happened. I looked after him for one second before I head a light cough next to me and turned around to see.

I smiled widely at the man in front of me more tears leaving my eyes. His beautiful brown eyes filled with life staring back at me and a beautiful smile playing on his full lips as he looked at me. Then his arms slung around me pulling me towards him. With a delicate care he placed his lips on mine. My heart ran into my ribcage over and over again in a incredible speed as my eyes flutter shut giving in. My hands resting on his neck keeping him close. We pulled apart resting foreheads against each other smiling widely. He cupped my cheeks with his hands carefully as he wiped away the tears that just kept flowing with his thumb. "Don't cry.", he whispered as he looked deep into my eyes. I just smiled. "I'm just happy.", I choked out and he chuckled. The warmth of his hands was so calming and I could slow mg breathing down and stop my tears but my heart still ran in my ribcage.

"You have no idea how long I waited to do this.", he whispered again looking down at my lips lost in thought. "Well actually you just did that about half am hour ago.", I joked quietly. He laughed roping his eyes playfully. "You know what I mean.", he said then. "I missed being around you so much. It was horrible to avoid you but first my parents and then this... woman... they all kept me away from you but they can't anymore.", he said nearly proud what caused me to smile even more. "I'm so glad I wasn't the only one feeling this way.", I said then looking at my feet.

"Called it!" All of the sudden Lucy spoke up with a proud smile again. Brendon just smiled at her and waved his hand for her to leave which she luckily did. She hopped out of the room humming "The Ballad Of Mona Lisa " leaving us alone in this room.

He turned to me again and I bit my lip to gather the courage to say what was on my mind. "You know. Dallon lied about the reason why I could see you.", I started and Brendon furrowed his brows slightly. "... It's because I... " I sighed shaking. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. "... love you. I always did. Since the first time I lay my eyes on you. The first day your family took me. Since that day I was overwhelmed by the feelings I got just from thinking of you. It nearly broke me apart not being able to talk to you every day anymore and when you were found dead I couldn't do anything anymore. I just... you mean so much to me. I can't live without you.", I confessed in a whisper as tears formed again in my eyes. Brendon smiled widely.

"I love you too. Since the same day.", he said nervously as he lay his lips on mine again sending sparkled through my body.

"You're guaranteed to run this town. With me."

A/N: hello! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm not quite sure but next chapter will probably be the last chapter. I know it's short but if you don't demand to make it longer the next chapter will be the end. ^^