THREE

Your POV

I looked at him rather puzzled. It didn't want to go in my head that he was here and now he said he had something to do before he'll fade away. And what will happen if he would finish this thing. Would he leave this world. I knew I should help him but I didn't want him to be fully dead. At least now I can talk to him normally after all these years. I missed it so much. Just talking. Not having to worry about my posture or anything formal. Just enjoying his company. I wasn't even allowed to smile at him after Lady Mary came and they were married. She thought he'll betray her or something like that. I don't understand that at all. Didn't she recognise how he looked at her the first years. How in love he was. It pained me to see that but what could I have done. Nothing. I'm just a maid. I have nothing to say. I was not allowed to show any kind of emotion towards him. It was hard but I grew used to it. Every time i saw him my stomach would twist and turn. I knew I wasn't the right one for him but maybe he was the right one for me. Maybe.

But I was sure of one thing. I didn't want to loose him again. I needed him. Just seeing him would be enough.

I was about to open my mouth and ask what the thing was he needed to do but I was interrupted by one sharp key of the bass that didn't seemed to be fitting in the rest of the play. I turned my attention to the band. An empty microphone stand. I guess a singer wouldn't fit into a funeral. One guy sitting at the drums doing his job just fine and one tall guy at the bass. His blue piercing eyes stared at us with worry and shock. He told one of the other guys, who waited on the side of the little stage something and one ran over to the piano and began to play a beautiful melody.

The tall man set his bass aside and made his way over to us. I looked at Brendon in confusion but he just shrugged. Why was this guy so fixated on us?

He simply grabbed my arm rather gently actually and shoved Brendon I front of him. "Come.", was the only thing he said as he shoved us into the next empty room. He closed the door firmly and locked it quietly before we could protest. I locked eye contact with the ghost beside me in worry. The Brendons eyebrows furrowed together and he spoke up after tearing his eyes away from mine rather slow. I felt a little bit heat on my cheeks but tried to ignore it. Not the right place or time.

"Why can you see me?", Brendon now spoke up. The bass player turned around looking rather annoyed. "I'm Dallon James Weekes. I'm..", he began but was interrupted. "I'm very sorry but I don't care who you are right now.", Brendon said with a weaker voice then he had probably planned. Dallon sighed. "I'm a medium."

I looked at him puzzled and so did Brendon. "I can talk with ghost no matter if they're in the human world or not. But I only can see them if they're in our world. You're not supposed to be here Brendon Boyd Urie.", Dallon said with a serious face and Brendon nodded slowly. "Well, I'm believing you because I'm a fucking ghost myself. But how can I go where I belong. What do I have to do?", he asked helpless but Dallon didn't listen. He just stared at me. I was growing uncomfortable. Why did he stare at me like that? I was feeling so small as he looked down on me. Like I was only a few inches high.

" You can see him?", he asked while his blue eyes were glued to me. I nodded. I couldn't properly speak right now. His eyes widened. "Try touch him.", he commanded and I felt my face growing warm. I wasn't allowed to touch the Lords or Ladies at all. That was forbidden. Only in emergencies. Also it was the man with whom I was secretly in love for years. I was nervous but eventually I reached a hand out for Brendons shoulder. To my surprise he didn't look uncomfortable at all. There was even something like a little smile but maybe i was just seeing things. My hand landed on his shoulder. It was cold as ice but I didn't pull back. Only when Dallon spoke up again.

"O..kay... are you a medium?", he asked but I shook my head. "I'm afraid I'm not.", I said truthfully. "Well then... ", he glanced at Brendon and then at me. He highered his hand and held it in front of Brendons face. I looked at both of them in confusion. Brendon just motioned to his ears and shook his head. "That is so he can't hear us for now. I'm sure you'll be thankful for that when you hear the question."

Wait, What? What is this weird tall guy going to ask that Brendon wasn't supposed to know. Why should I be thankful for something like that. I didn't get his logic and looked at Brendon helplessly. "Do you love him?"

Oh.

My attention immediately wandered towards Dallon and he looked at me with a nothing saying expression. My face heat up and I looked to the ground.

"I take that as a yes. Don't worry. I wont tell him. But that's the reason why you can see and touch him as if he'd be real.", he explained.

That was the reason? Because I loved him I was able to do that. That made me question something. Who'd be able to see me at my funeral. Probably nobody.

"But what's with Lady Mary?", I asked and Dallon just gave me a annoyed look. "Okay, yeah... You're right...", I admitted and looked at Brendon again who felt pretty left out.

Before Dallon let his hand fall he repeated "I promise I won't tell." and that was actually relieving for me. Then he turned to Brendon who was about to ask. "I just told her that she may be wrong some ghost because one of her parents was a medium apperiantly.", Dallon explained and smiled. Well that gave away that he was lying immediately. "And why wasn't I supposed to hear?", Brendon asked not convinced. I grew nervous. Oh god. Please don't let him find out.

"Because you aren't allowed to know any familiar stuff of your staff, ain't I right?", Dallon saved. He saved the day. Well at least mine. I'll thank him for that later. I sighed silently. That could've gone so much worse.

" Okay, but now the two options of going back to a world. One is much easier than the other one but one will be more valuable some might say.", Dallon said holding both hands up. "Brendon, you have to choose..." He held up one hand. "... easier way and you'll go to the world of the dead. Or..." He held up the second hand. "...harder way but you'll live again."

"Which one will you choose?"

A/N: Finally an update. I'm very sorry but because I'm doing an exchange year in a few days I'm pretty stressed. I don't know how often I can upload in the next months but I'll try as often as possible.