SEVEN

Dallon and me stared at him in disbelief. Did I misheard something? Brendon looked at us with a happy nearly victorious smile on his face. It was adorable. He looked like a little schoolboy who just brought an A back home. I had the strong urge to ruffle through his hair but my hand just twitched until I forbid myself doing that.

"Are you speaking the truth?", I whispered now locking eyes with Brendon who just nodded proudly. Adorable. I felt the corners of my mouth creeping upwards into a grin. My heart was beating fast as my brain understood how close we were to reliving him. He would live again. I would be able to be around him again. Just like in the old times.

No.

Not like in the old times.

The old times had passed. He moved on. He found someone new. Someone with who he wants to live for the rest of his brought back live. The life which I had helped to get back. I knew I told myself it was okay for me as long as he's alive and well but right now it just pained to know that I will need to let him go after this. It just hurt more than ever. We were so close now. The fear of being forgotten began to rise inside me.

My smile cracked down bit by bit and I turned my back towards the two men. I felt tears at the rim of my lids but blinked them down again. I wondered how often I could repress them at one day. Surely they would break free at some point. But not now. Now we should be happy. I should set up my facade today. Just play the happy little maid like I always did. Just for a little more time. Just for today. I could leave after that. I will leave Brendon live his happy life. I will bring him back and then leave.

My thoughts were interrupted by Dallons voice pounding down onto Brendons plan like a hammer.

"But how should we reach it?"

I turned around again.

"I mean we can't just walk up to his dead body and grab the wallet."

He was right. Brendon looked towards his body and bit his lip. And with that all hope was home again. But also I was a little calmer again. We were still at the part of figuring out the plan. I still got time with Brendon. Just for a little longer at least. I looked at the Lord in front of my with sympathy. My real face was peaking around my facade as I looked at his facetrying to calm him down a bit from afar. His hands were trembling as he looked to be deep in thought. It must be horrible for him. To be so close and yet so far away from his goal.

My hand began to twitch again. I wanted to be here for him. To hug him or take his hand or cup his cheek. Anything that will make him feel better. I didn't want him to suffer. My jealousy from before was erased and I felt the want of helping him raise up in me.

"I think it's getting a little suspicious that we stand here all alone. Also I have to play again now that the crowd has wailed and is going back to talking.", Dallon said and pointed at the crowd that's beginning to chat again. They really didn't seem that sad. Just Brendons parents seemed to to be really hurt by the loss. All the other people just seemed more or less pained by Brendons death. I furrowed my brows at them. Idiots.

Then I nodded at Dallon and so did Brendon although he seemed a bit distracted. The tall bass player told us to go upstairs and think of a plan as fast as possible. Well, we would definitely try our best with that.

We rushed upstairs so no one would see us or better said me as I went away. I turned around one last time and it seems like no one has payed attention to us. Good.

We went into the first room and closed the door behind us before I dared to breathe again. I didn't noticed it but I had hold my breath all the way into this room. At least I was able to talk to Brendon without worrying that people might think I'm crazy or things like that. I could just talk to him normal. That was great. Just like the old times. At least for now.