FIVE

I stared at Brendon who just stared back at me with a waiting expression. I didn't know what he wanted. And my mind was still trying to figure out which girl I knew had win his heart. Who will either make him happy or break his heart again. Either way it will hurt.

"Would you mind?", he asked giving me a nervous smile as he turned his hand around and now I understood what he meant. I felt my face heat up a little and bowed down slightly before turning around. Brendon chuckled lightly and I heard Dallon tell us to come to the stage afterwards. Then the door opened and closed.

And with that silence fell upon us. The only thing that made a sound were Brendons clothes sweeping over his skin as he undressed himself. I heard a silent dull sound and immediately got an mental image.

There he was. Behind me. Just in undergarments. His probably pale torso freed from clothing and touched by only air. I felt a strong urge to turn my head slightly to catch a look. Just to know if I was right. Blood rushed up into my head and I prayed that I wasn't as red as I thought. I heard a rattle from behind me and guessed that he was putting on the new clothes. Then I heard him hop around and I needed to chuckle at my mental image of him trying to get on the pants until I heard a loud thud and a deep groan. I immediately turned around looking at the mess. Brendon was lying on the floor with the pants halfway up and the hat sitting askew on his head. I turned around again the image still in front of my mental eye. He looked so adorable down there. His face was just so confused as his brown eyes looked up at me. I can't even describe what I felt when our eyes met. But he wasn't fully dressed. His torso and thighs were undressed. It wasn't allowed for me or any other human who isn't married to him to see his bare skin where clothes must be. I spoke up with a shaky voice. "Do you need help?"

I heard a small chuckle. "No, it's..." Then a groan. "Fine. It's fine really. Wait a second. I'll get properly dressed.", he said when I motioned to turn around again. His bare torso. It was even more toned than I imagined and a few freckles and moles but as pale as I thought. Just so... Perfect. Better than my head made up. My blood rushed through my body and I tried not to breath too fast so he wouldn't see how I behaved right now. Then this girl he liked crossed my mind again. She will get him. She will get this wonderful person. I furrowed my brows and looked down. And I need to watch and see. Maybe one of the other maids? Probably one of them. I don't know many people outside of the castle. It had to be one. So maybe it was even one of my closer 'friends'. I sighed inaudible. That would be the worst case. With people I don't like anyways it'd be much easier because I can look at them however I like anyways.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a hand touching my shoulder. I flinched a bit in shock. And the hand immediately pulled away. I turned around to see Brendon fully dressed now. "Everything alright?", he asked sounding genuinely worried about me. I just nodded and faked a smile. That was the easiest. I wouldn't tell him how much it'll hurt if he will be with the girl he liked. I won't tell him how much he ment to me since the first day we met. Ever since we met we've been close and I've been growing attached to him.

His eyes lingered on me for a while before he sighed and gave me a quick but tight hug. "Just know you can tell me.", he whispered into my ear. His breath tickled my ear and made my skin all over my body tingle. When he pulled away he looked at me again. The worry now a little more hidden but his eyes gave it away. These dark brown orbs. They told me. They gave it away. I forced a smile onto my lips anyways. It wasn't easy to explain without things changing drastically. "I'm fine."

But I'm lying, im so very far from fine.

My heart ached as I lied straight into his face. I fled from his gaze as I was walking towards the door regretting fretting attached to him in the first place.