07| Where The Wicked Road Leads

Eli

We ran up to a large stone building, with the Auradon colors blue and yellow all around it. I peeked my head through the window of the main doors, to see Maleficent's spinning wheel right in the middle.

"This has to be it." I told the group, nodding to the wheel inside.

Jay stifled a laugh with Carlos when he caught sight of the wheel, "That was your mom's?"

Mal frowned as Carlos added in, "It looks really dorky."

The purple-haired girl only huffed, "It's magic, it doesn't need to look scary."

We all ducked as the guard at the desk cast a glance towards the door.

Evie turned to me, "So what do we do about him?"

I cast a glance at Mal who was already flipping through her spell book, "Magic spindle do not linger, make my victim hurt a finger."

My eyes trained in on the guard, who only cast a glance at the spinning wheel, not making a move towards it. Mal sighed in annoyance.

Jay rolled his eyes, "Impressive."

Carlos played along, "I got chills."

Mal glared over at the smaller boy before I grabbed the book from her hands, ready to give my magic a try.

"Fair warning," I glanced over at the others briefly as I closer my eyes to concentrate, "I may be a bit rusty."

Suddenly a flame burst from my hand causing everyone and myself to let out a slight shriek before I quickly balled my fist, the fire disappearing.

I gave my friends a sheepish smile, shocked looks on their faces as I flipped through the book, "Prick the finger, prick it deep, send my enemy off to sleep."

It felt weird. Everything was hot for a second, like my mom's cauldron. I felt like I was bubbling to a melting point, like I was burning from the inside. Then it cooled slightly to a feeling of warmth that rushed towards my hands.

I then watched as the security guard then rose from his seat, the five of us immediately ducking down, slowly looking up to see the guard prick his finger. It actually worked!

We then watched as the guard yawned and stretched out on a pedestal falling into a deep sleep.

Mal and I fist-bumped in victory, and Mal tried the door to find it locked.

Jay backed, cracking his knuckles, "I got this."

Mal flipped through some more pages, finding a spell that could get the door open, "Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." She then tried the door again, this time opening it, just as Jay ran to try and kick it down, causing him to land on the floor.

We laughed walking past the boy on the ground, Carlos trying to help him up.

Evie looked at her mirror for directions, leading us up a flight of stairs, "Come on guys, we're almost there!"