04| Goodness Doesn't Get Any Better

Eli

The musty streets of the Isle whirled by us as the car moved towards the preppy little kingdom that was Auradon.

I was kinda going to miss this place, not in a sentimental way, it's just all that I've ever really known. This place was totally better then Auradon, I could already tell.

"You're looking a little washed out, let me help you!" At the sound of Evie's voice and something soft touching my face I quickly pushed myself against the window, trying to get away from the blue-haired girl.

I rolled my eyes once I saw the makeup brush in Evie's hand, "Gross. Washed out is my thing."

Evie pouted slightly before turning to the other girl next to her, "Mal?"

Mal glanced at the makeup brush in our friend's hand before shaking her head, "Ew, no I'm plotting."

Evie sighed, taking a bite of the blue candy she had got from the car, "Well it's not very attractive."

I exchanged an annoyed look with Mal before focusing on my own plan.

The sooner we got the wand, the less time we had to be in Auradon. We just needed to figure out the quickest way to get the Fairy Godmother's wand.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Evie screaming, "Look!"

I whipped my head around to the front of the car to see that we were heading straight off the bridge and into the water! None of us could swim!

"It's a trap!"

I let out a yell of horror just as Evie pulled my into her, Jay throwing his arm around my back.

I held my breath, bracing myself for the impact and my death, but nothing happened.

A glowing light passed through the car, but we still weren't falling.

"What the-" I poked my head up from Evie's shoulder, were we dead? This definitely isn't what I imagined the underworld to look like.

Carlos looked around, "What just happened?"

I pressed my face against the window to see that we were leaving the Isle on some kind of road that wasn't there before.

"Magic." I breathed out, releasing some air through my lips. We weren't dead yet.

Mal chuckled in relief, looking at the black remote in her hand.

"Hey!" Mal called to the driver, waving the remote in her hands, "Did this little button open the magic barrier?"

That button could be our way out of this broom! We could use it to get back home once we had the wand!

The driver glanced back at us through the mirror, holding up a golden remote similar to the one Mal was holding, "No, this one opens the magic barrier. That one opens my garage. And this one..." As he pressed another button a small barrier went up, separating us from him.

I chuckled lightly, he was cool.

"Nasty." Mal remarked as I leaned back in my seat, "I like that guy."