Prologue

(OKAY OKAY! HOLD UP! BEETFORE WE START! I KNID TO TELL YOU SOMETHING! WHAT IS IT?!? I HEAR YOU ASK! if you didn't just...just do it WELL IM GLAD YOU ASKED!)
Bold is English
Normal is Chinese
Italic is Thoughts
(NORMAL BRACKETS IS ME! THE ONE AND ONLY ME!)

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

「First Person's POV」

"Xǐ huì!! We gotta go now!"

I snapped out of the trance by the sound of my mum shouting. "Uh... OKAY COMING!"

As I replied back, I grabbed my bag full of my stuff as I reached my door frame, I turn around to glance for the last time before exiting the room and down the stairs. My mum ushered me to the taxi so we can go to the airport, but we have to say our farewells to our relatives and friends.

When we finished, we got on the taxi and went to the airport. I looked out my window with a grim expression since I'm leaving my friends and all of my relatives behind.

Soon we reached our destination, we got out of the taxi and grabbed our luggage. My mum paid the taxi driver while I thanked the driver from dropping us here NOT LITERALLY! Anyways we went to our section of the airport and abroad our plane.

I placed our luggage above us and sat down next to the window and a lady that is probably the boy's mum, who is sitting next to his mum on the other side of me since they looked similar while my mum is in front of me.

I closed my eyes to try and sleep, but I couldn't so I opened my eyes, placed my earphones played some classical music on my phone while I glanced outside the window before looking at the people beside me.

"Dre, look. We're already on lesson 10," the lady beside me said to 'Dre', excitingly.

"Nǐ hǎo ma?" She said, looking at the laptop's screen. (你好 - how are you?)

"Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì?" She copied from the screen. I got to admit she's doing quite well.

(你叫什么名字 - what's your name?)

"Remember what that one is?" The lady asked Dre, who replied in a non-caring tone. "Nope."

"Dre, you are killing me," she shook her head slightly before continuing to mouth out some more Chinese words.

"Mum. Look. In China, everything is old. There's old houses, old parks, old people. Look. This guy is at least 400 years old." Dre informed his mum by showing her a picture of a bald, long white beard elder man. I snickered at him, quietly.

She sighed as she told Dre.

"Dre, please concentrate, okay? Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì? What's your name?" She slowly turns to Dre as she translated what she just said slowly this time. Before sighed in disappointment as she saw Dre ignoring her by continuing looking down in the book.

"You know what. You need to practice." She declared. "No mu-"

"Yeah, you need to try it." She glances at Dre, ignoring his protest. "Yes, Dre-"

"Mum-"

"Dre." She silenced the boy as she looks around for someone, spotting one she asked or demanded Dre. "Ask him. Go ahead. Ask him,-"

"But, mu-"

"-What's your name and how are you." She demanded fiercely. "Do it now."

I looked at them from the corner of my eyes with pity and fear. Mentally thinking how frightening the lady was while shivering.

Dre sighed and turned to the pointed guy unwillingly.

"Umm... Ni how mao chu chen mu-che-mao?"

"Dude. I'm from Detroit." The guy said with a straight face.

I looked at them with wide eyes.

"Oh...umm..what's up?" Dre awkwardly said, the guy shrugs and continued whatever he was doing.

I full on laughed at Dre before covering my mouth with my hands, yet my body shook violently considering how hilarious that was...
So hilarious!
So hilariously sad...

Dre's mum noticed me laughing and smiled.

"Hello, my name is Sherry Parker."

It took me all my strength to stop laughing and I grinned shyly. "Hi, Ms Parker. My name is Xǐ huì, it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. Please call me Sherry. This is my son, Dre." Ms Park-Sherry greeted, nudging harshly at her son.

"Ow! what's up I'm Dre." He said while rubbing his ribs.

I smiled before replying back. "Hi Dre, sorry for laughing at you, but that just too much fun."

Dre flustered tried to protest, making me ignore and laugh a bit more.

"Xǐ huì! Hush! They're other people here! Where're your manners!"

My mother nagged me, making me sigh annoyed before replying. "I'm sorry, mum. I'll be quieter."

She sighed shaking her head before continuing back to her seat and looking at her screen.

"So was that your mum?"

I turned my head to Dre, confused. "Pardon?"

"Was that your mum?" He repeated. I opened my mouth a bit before nodding. "Yea, that's my mum."

He nodded before saying to me some questions in return I asked him some questions.

Time flew by, Dre and I stopped talking to one another since we got tired and shortly falling asleep.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

(JEEEELLLLOOO EVERYBODY!! 🍊 YOU 🍳 CITED TO SEE ME! no? ok, I see how it is.. ANYWAYS! I WANTED TO TELL YOU DID ENJOY MY STORY? WAS IT 🍇?)
- Ms. Boring Girl