Chapter 1

Hi :) I just thought I would say that you can all read this but the last chapter will not be suitable for younger readers! If you have read this story before, I had it uploaded on my old account but had to delete that. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. I love feedback so would really appreciate any comments! :) Thank you xx

I appreciate that this story may be a bit cliche, but it's meant to be and I promise you the end it not so please give it a chance! :)

Dedicated to: fluffypiggles who made my amazing book cover :) Thank you! :) <3

**************************************************************************************************

The limousines filed up next to each other in the large driveway, grinding the gravel to dust beneath their sleek black tires.  I stepped out into the chilled night, my perfectly polished nails scratched at the expensive glossy paintwork as I clung tightly to the car door, stopping myself from falling over in my ridiculous 5-inch heels. Everywhere around me girls squealed excitedly, comparing stunning silk dresses and sophisticated designer heels; and guys in suits laughed loudly, as they sauntered with their hands in their pockets towards the classy manor house. Rose, Verity, Chloe, Elle and Jade climbed gracefully out of the limo behind me, the skirts of their full length dresses swishing around their ankles as they straightened up. Jade and Rose linked their arms through mine and together we paraded towards the party, the gravel crunching noisily beneath our feet.

As soon as we stepped through the polished glass doors we were illuminated by bright, flashing lights and booming music. Large chandeliers rained patches of silver light down on the many blissful faces that were laughing and dancing and sipping champagne from glasses of intricate crystal. I was riveted to the spot, in complete awe of the astonishing atmosphere I had just stepped into.

Rose clasped my hand tightly and yanked me forwards, practically ripping my arm from my socket. She really was freakishly strong for someone who had such a small, fragile looking figure. Her fiery red curls bounced halfway down her back as she weaved through the maze of people, tugging me along behind her until we reached the centre of the dance floor. I giggled as she thrust my arms up into the air and relaxed into the beat of the music.

It was at that moment that I first saw him. Our eyes locked and his fixating gaze held me rooted to the spot. The whole room seemed to drift out of focus till it seemed the only thing left defined in my world was him. His radiant bright green eyes and adorable blond curls sent my heart into a series of uncontrollable summersaults.

I hurriedly looked away and turned back to my friends, praying that they couldn’t see the rather embarrassing reddening of my cheeks. Get a grip, I thought to myself firmly as I gave myself a mental slap for being so obsessive. I attempted to resume dancing as Elle shimmied up to me and rested her arms on my shoulders, but I couldn’t help myself. I had to look at him.

But when I turned around, the sight that met my eyes made them blur with fresh tears, and jealousy seeped through my body like poison. My worst enemy, Ellen Williams, stood in front of him, her hand placed gently on his chest as she kissed him deeply. I gazed in horror, not daring to believe what I was witnessing. When they broke apart she tilted her head to look at me. Her lips twisted into a smirk and her eyes were full of amusement, mocking me cruelly. She slipped her hand into his and guided him onto the dance floor just metres away from me; their bodies pressed together and their fingers entwined. 

I stared at the floor, humiliation overwhelming me. In a second my hopes had been crushed; reduced to nothing.

This was too much. I had to get out of here. Now.

I rushed towards the door, snaking through the maze of bodies, tears rolling down my cheeks. I barely heard the malicious curses directed my way as I pushed and shoved, stepping on toes and elbowing lean ribs out of my way. My mind was set securely on my escape.