The Big day *Part 1*

Today was finally the day. They day in which two lives will be joined together forever. The sun was shinny its first rays of the new day down onto the green grass of the garden below Anna's window. Anna gently woke up as the golden light gently fell onto her closed eyes. She rolled over and onto her side, looking out of the window. She watched as the sun slowly lifted itself from behind the horizon. With a soft smile Anna closed her eyes and rolled out of bed.

She stood up and walked over to her mirror. She picked up her brush and began to brush her hair gently. Once she was finished she placed the brush back onto the table and walked over to her window. Unlocking it she throw it open and breathed deeply. The fresh morning air relaxed her completely. Anna then softly sat down on the window sill and looked out and over to the lands and sea before her. Anna's room was on the second top floor of the five level manor. So she had a pretty good view.

The wedding was taking place in the Church in town. So Anna would be arriving at the church by carriage. John was to be giving her away to Daniel. Seeing as Anna had no other family members. She had asked him two days ago and he said yes if that was what she wanted.

" My lady." A voice came from the door. Anna turned around and saw a maid standing in the door frame.

" Yes?" Anna said smiling too her. The maids eyes could not help but look on in wonder. Anna sat on the window with the morning sun at her back. She looked almost like a creature from heaven. The maid smiled.

" The ladies are here to get you ready." The maid said and stepped aside to let Around six woman walk in.

" Okay Anna. Lets get you ready for you big day!" Mary cried out happily. Anna stood up and walked down to her chair. The first people to her was her make-up artist. She began to apply her make-up. Starting off with the skin. Then her eyes making the a soft brown shade. She added some black lines on her eyelids to stand them out. Then red lips.

" Well, That did not take as long as I thought it would. " Anna said to her.

" That would be because you are beautiful as it is. You do not need a large amount of make-up." The lady said as she quickly packed up her things. Then the hairdresser stepped forward. She began to pull and pin Anna's hair harshly. Anna's hair was easily to style as it was long. Her hair was pin up high at the back with a few curls falling down either side of her face. Her fringe hung above her eyes gently.

" There. You looked stunning." She said gently. Anna smiled and thanked her. Mary then walked up with three girls this time.

" Come on! Lets get you into your dress. Won't want to be late for your own wedding now, would we." Mary said ushering her over to the mirror. Anna was then stripped of her night gown and the wedding dress was put on over her head. Mary and the girls began pull and pin the dress so that it fitted like a glove once again. Anna put her arms through the sleeves as the ladies smoothed out the gown. They then began to pulled at the ribbon on the corset. Pulling it tight. They tied it tight the stepped back. Mary then ushered the girls into tidying up the boxes while she made the last minute additions. Once she was finished. Mary looked at it happily. With a gentle nodded she walked over to a box. She pulled out the veil and walked over to Anna. She gently placed it into her hair and made sure it was secure before smoothing out the mesh.

" You look stunning." Mary said as she and all the ladies admired Anna and their work. Just then there was a knock on the door.

" My lady. Your carriage is here." A voice called out. Anna smiled.

" Thank you." She called Mary then walked up to Anna and pulled part of the veil over Anna's face.

" There, you are all ready." She whispered. Mary then ushered her out of the room and down the halls. They walked the long halls quietly and peacefully. Until they reached the door. It opened and there was her carriage. It was white and had no walls. But a structure to hold white mesh curtains as the floated gently in the soft sea breeze. Four white horses stood at the front of the carriage, waiting patiently to go. Anna walked down the stairs and to the steps of the carriage. She was helped in by Mary and the girls. They too joined her in the carriage. Once they were in and settled the horse drawn carriage began to move forward.

" are you nervous?" Mary asked. Anna nodded as she looked out.

" From this day on, my life will change completely. I will no longer be the blacksmith in the middle of nowhere. I will be Sir Daniel William Thomas's wife." Anna said looking out at the pass fields.

" And to be truthful. I am looking forward to it." Anna smiled genuinely. Mary too nodded and smiled. It was not long before they reached the town. And the road changed into a stone path. Anna looked on amazed at the town. White mesh curtains hung from above and people lined the streets to see her arrive. White rose petals were floating down everywhere as she carriage gently moved past the village folk. They all cheered and waved at her. Anna smiled and gently waved back. It took a while to get through the town and up to the church, but the carriage finally came to a stop. Once it did Mary and the girls where the first out to help Anna out with her dress. It took a few moments but they managed to sooth out the dress. The veil gently floated over her face as it waved softly in the wind.

Anna then slowly began to walk up the grey stone stairs to the entrance of the large church. She walked through the wooden doors where she was then given a bunch of blue flowers to hold. It was only moments later that the music slowly began to sound. First the maids walked down the aisle and then it was Anna's turn. Her hands began to cold sweat with nerves. John took her arm in his and smiled to her, giving her a reassuring pat on the hand. Anna smiled and felt herself relax softly. She then began to walked towards the doors. They then slowly began to open. The piano began to sound louder than it did before. Anna stepped forward. One foot after the other.

This was it. The moment has finally arrive.