The Target Is Attacked

I hate my life. I hate everything about me. My brown eyes and orange hair. My face and body. My voice which even makes me scared. My speed and agility. But the thing I hate most about myself is my reason for living. My name is Seth Crossman. I'm 19 years old. My code name is Chaos125. I'm a trained assassin hired and made by Gridlock. My missions are always the same. Seek and destroy the targets I am given. Considering I'm a trained assassin, I'm supposed to have no emotions for anything. Not even if my target was a child. Little did I know my next target would change me. Even my purpose for living.

I walked down the hallway to the director's office and opened the doors. I walked in and stood at the desk, staring at the back of a red leather chair. It then turned and a short, chubby man with a bald head, small mustache, and beady eyes looked at me and smiled. I hate this man. He is known as the director but I know him better as Harry Bender, the man who took me from the streets after my family was killed in a fire. I was only 6 and I still remember that day even though it was many years ago. The screams of my mother as she woke to the smoke and heat of the flames. The shouts of my father to my older brother, telling him to grab me and get out. My brother grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the door. The ceiling that collapsed and crushed my brother after he pushed me out of the way and out the door. I was so scared, I ran from the house. I ducked into an alleyway and stayed there for days until Harry found me. He gave me a home and trained me to be an emotionless killer. Harry runs the company Gridlock who manufactures and sells anything that people ask them to make. And I mean anything. From paper to high-tech ammunition. The police can't stop it since Gridlock paid off the people in charge of the police force. I scowled at him. 

Harry:That's not a nice face. I suggest you be nicer considering I gave you a home. 

Me:You trained me to have no emotions remember? So being nice isn't really my job. 

Harry:Very well. Chaos125. This is your next target. 

He handed me a picture and I examined my next target. I saw a young girl. She had long, black hair that went down to her waist and her eyes were an emerald green. I know it was just a picture but her eyes. They drew me in. I couldn't stop looking at them. Harry turned his seat back around and looked out the window. 

Harry:I want you to kill this girl. 

Me:Why? Is she a threat to you? 

Harry:No but her dad is. He's part of the police force. 

Me:Then what is the problem? You have the police force under control don't you? 

Harry:Yes but her dad is getting too curious. I want you to kill his daughter. As a... warning. Telling him to stop sniffing around like the bloodhound he isn't. He's just a dog. Nothing more. I know you'll do well Seth. 

Me:Very well. 

With that, I left the room. I went to go get my things ready. My usual clothing for an assassination was black. I always worked at night. My weapon consisted of anything. A gun, sword, bow staff, anything. For the girl, I went with a gun. To be more precise, a rifle. I laid out everything along with my communicator and went to sleep on my bed. I needed my strength for tonight. I woke up around 7 p.m. and got ready. I looked at the picture again and still I was drawn in by her eyes. I stashed the picture into my pocket and left. I had done research on her since that was what I always did before a job. Her name was Ashley Gavins. A straight A student at Birchwood High School. Only 17 years old and lives with her father who is a policeman. Her mother died from a disease when she was 3. I read everything she did on a daily basis. Also, that she is the quiet type and keeps everything to herself. Not to mention, innocent. But that had nothing to do with it. She was my next target and I had to kill her. Simple as that. I knew she was still at school since she was the person who cleans up every night. She offered to stay after school and help get everything put back together after the kids would leave it messed up and trashed. The principal approved. She would always finish around 8 and get home just in time for dinner. I waited for 45 minutes before she walked out of the school and locked the doors. She was walking down a deserted street. Perfect. No one around to hear anything. I pointed the rifle at her from the top of a building and steadied it. I pointed it at her back and was about to shoot when a sudden yell startled me. I looked to see a man in torn clothing, running towards my target. I looked closer to see him holding a gun. Ashley turned to look at him only to have the gun pointed at her head. The man was shouting and he was telling her to cooperate or else he'd kill her. It was just a lowlife criminal who escaped from jail. He had now chosen Ashley as his next victim. I looked at Ashley who seemed to be unfazed. She had on the same expression when she walked out of the school. I then knew she was different. Special.