Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

It’s been 2 weeks since the doctor came to the house to check what I had. Since then I have gotten loads better.

Of course Caden was there the whole time, coming before and after school. I haven’t been able to go to school since I was apparently contagious. Even though it was a common flu virus, being a werewolf, you can catch it far more easily than humans.

Strange right?

You would think that humans would get a virus more often, but since our body focuses more on our senses, it doesn’t really focus on our immune system.  Crazy, I know, but it has always been that way.

My dad always told me that an apple a day would keep the doctor away.

Boy was he wrong. I eat apples every day, even if it’s just a simple bite. I can tell you that it does not keep the doctor away.

Amy and Jonathan came to visit me last week. I was happy to see them since they have been busy being together. They make the cutest couple ever. I’m glad they finally found each other. Sure they knew each other before they mated, but it’s the acceptance and the aftermath that really bring the couple together.

 Now that I was fully healed, I was able to go to school. The fall dance was taking place Friday night, and I really wanted to go with Caden. He hasn’t asked me yet though, which had me a bit worried. What if he didn’t want to go? With me?

I knocked the thought out of my head and got out of my bed to get ready for the day. Opening my closet I grabbed a long sleeve v-neck shirt, and my favorite pair of black skinnies. Looking down at my shoe collection from over the years, I bent down and grabbed my bleach white vans. Walking over to my bureau I grabbed a matching pair of undergarments and headed towards the bathroom.

Caden was picking me up this morning, so I had to hurry up, knowing he liked to come early. I turned on the shower, ripping off my clothes and jumping in not worrying about the temperature of the water.

That was a mistake.

The water was still warming up and was freezing when I got in. I squealed and jumped out, slipping in the process. I heard my mom calling at me asking if I was okay.

“I’m fine mom, just slipped.” I assured, blushing at how stupid that must sounds.

“I swear you’re the biggest klutz to ever live.” I heard my mom mumble from what sounded like the kitchen. Thank the heaven for werewolf hearing.

“I heard the mom!” I yelled. I heard her chuckle and continued whatever she was doing in the kitchen.

I checked the water to see if it was warm enough and to my pleasure it was perfect. I stepped in and washed up, making sure to get every nook and cranny.

Getting out, I wrapped myself in my towel, and looked at the clock to see the time. I had just about 15 before Caden would be here. Snatching my clothes, slipping them on, I brushed my hair and teeth and walked out the door, not worrying about make up.

Might as well eat a small breakfast while I still have the time. I walked in the kitchen to find that my mom was making sandwiches.

“Morning honey, are you okay? You didn’t hit your head to hard?” She chuckled.

I sneered at her and said, “No mom. I didn’t hit my head. I just slipped and landed on my butt.”

For some reason, this just made her laugh harder. I ignored her and went to the fridge to grab some milk to make cereal. After I made the cereal, I heard the door bell ring. Must be Caden, just in time too. My mom was too busy laughing still, so I walked to the front door and opened it to find none other than Caden himself.