Chapter One

Chapter One

 The bell rang for first period and I groaned leaving my group of friends to go to math class. Oh how I despised Geometry! I walked in and went straight to the back of the room, not making eye contact with anyone. I'm not favored in this school; only because I'm not rich like all the other stuck up snobs in this so called "school". I'm only here because of a scholarship and I'm hated for it. The pressure to be the perfect role model was so frustrating.

Just like all the other high schools, this school has your typical stereo-types. You have the Cheerleaders, Jocks, Nerds, the Emo, the Goth, the Skaters, the Band Geeks, and etc. Since we're all werewolves, it just makes the competition ten times worse... The hatred between each other can become deadly. Literally.

Within weeks of going to this hell-hole, I've been called a nerd, ugly, a two-faced jerk and many more, but that's just part of high school. Am I right?

I found my place with the so called Emos and I fit in just fine. I just don't understand what is so bad about them, they don't bother anyone! They live their own life, without approaching anyone they aren't comfortable with. I find that great.

Oh by the way, my name is Lizzy, originally Elizabeth, but I don't like that name. I would have to worship the floor you walk on for me to ever let you call me Elizabeth. The name just sounded like it came right out of an 18th century book.

Before I knew it, the bell rang; It was time for second period. I pretty much ran towards the door down the hallway, in the process I ran into strong hands and felt sparks. I looked up and saw an angelic face that made my heart beat faster than a freight train. That all changed when I realized that he was the top jock. Suddenly, I felt heat rush to my cheeks from my embarrassment. It had to be him. Just my freaking luck; I looked away from his face and got out of his strong hold and ran off to second period, not bothering to look back at his flawless face.

I couldn't help but imagine him and I, in a loving embrace. His lips trailing down my throat with his hot breath lingering over my cool skin. The smell of his light cologne taking over my senses. I didn't realize how zoned out I was until I heard my friend Jonathan. I can't do this. I can't think about him. It's not right, not healthy.

Stupid teenage hormones.

"Hi Lizzy!" Jonathan yelled.

"Oh, hi Jonathan." I said, shaking my head, still getting out of my haze.

"Can I walk you to class? I'm heading that way anyways." He said, smiling.

"Yeah sure, that's fine." I said looking straight ahead.

It was a quiet short trip towards second period, but I preferred it that way. Jonathan and I are best friends. We connected instantly when we met on my first day here; though he isn't exactly part of the Emo's, he has found a place to sit with us whenever he found it possible. My other friends didn't mind him being around, which is a good thing.

Jonathan was also next in line to be Alpha for the Moonlight pack. This pretty much means he's a big deal. I'm surprised him and I are even friends. He's probably the only one that seems to like me outside of my group of friends.

As we neared my class, he spoke up. "You seem really quiet today Lizzy, What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, don't worry about it." I said a bit rushed. I stopped in my tracks and looked up at his chisled face. "Well I got to go. See you later Jonathan!" I stepped on my tippy-toes and gave him a quick hug. Backing away, I looked back up at him.

"Bye Lizzy." He smirked; and walked away.

After watching him walk down the hallway to his class down the hall, I turned towards my classroom and walked in.