Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Caden and I were in the car driving home. Since we weren't far, we really didn't talk. By the time we got to the house, my nausea had gone away slightly. It was still there, but very faint. Being around Caden made the sickness better. It's truly amazing how just being around your mate, can cure sickness...

Caden parked the car in front of my small house, and stayed sitting in the driver’s seat. I looked at him questioningly and said, "Are you going inside?" 

"Not if you don't want me to. While I was waiting for you to wake up, you kept mumbling that you had to wait. So I’m guessing you want to wait for me to meet your family."

"It's just my mom... Dad died a few months ago..." I said, looking down at my lap.

"Oh... I'm sorry..." He said. I could feel his eyes on my side, and I wanted to look at him, but knew that I would just break down the wall that I have tried so hard to keep up. I didn't want anyone to see how broken I was inside. It would just lead to people thinking I was weak. No one wants a weak alpha.

“No it’s fine; I really just didn’t see it coming. When it happened I was in complete shock. I wasn’t talking to anyone. Not even my own mom.” I looked out the window while saying this. I couldn’t look at him.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, but how did he die?” He asked, clearly trying to see my face.

“He was murdered.”

I could tell he was trying to take that in, because he was quiet. This time it was an awkward silence. I thought about getting out of the car, but quickly thought against it, knowing I can’t be too far away from him just yet. His presence was the only thing keeping me together somehow. I just couldn’t look at him. The reason to that was I knew what his eyes would hold.

Pity.

I don’t want pity. I hate pity. It makes me feel needy and I’m not needy. I can take care of myself. I’m an alpha!

My hand went to the car’s door handle. I was so close to getting it open before he could say anything. His closeness made me stop. I was now holding my hand in his, taking his other hand and grabbing my chin, making me look at him.

“I can tell you’re in a lot of pain. You can’t hide that from me anymore. We are mates after all. Did you forget that?” He said; looking hurt for a split second.

I surely didn’t forget that he was my other half. The urge to be close to him wouldn’t let me. Not to mention my wolf, who was currently growling and me for being so stupid as to even try and leave the car at a time like this. I knew for a fact that I just didn’t want him to see me cry. Looking into his eye’s I saw no pity what so ever, just a lot of pain and sorrow.

“I didn’t forget that you are my mate. How can I? Being close to you makes me go crazy. I just don’t want you to see my cry. Because I know that it’ll show that I’m weak. I don’t want to show that in front of you. It’s a major turn off.” I said; still looking at his gorgeous hazel eyes.

“You think that’s a turn off? More like a turn on! I want you to feel comfortable with me. Whether you are crying or laughing, I want you to be able to show your true emotions. Not mask it. I want to see the real you. I want to fix you. I know you are broken, and I hate seeing you like thing and I may not know that much about you, but that’s the reason I don’t want you to bottle things up, because if you do that, then I will never figure you out.” I looked down from his gaze, trying to find the words to say to that beautiful speech. I wanted to jump up at down giddily, run to the forest and run naked. I wanted to go crazy.