Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I stared at the T.V. unable to utter a word. My wolf started to whimper quietly. She was obviously worried that it might have been one of our pack members. I heard my mom walk in but I didn't pay much attention. The news caster didn't show the body of the victim, they just said that they were in  severely horrendous condition, that we should be on the lookout for anything suspicious and out of the ordinary.

I couldn't help but feel as if it was someone I knew. My wolf seemed to agree with me. It wouldn't be strange to say that, I know almost everyone on this street, considering we moved her recently for my scholarship. Aside from that though, I had a bad feeling it was someone I was close to.  I didn't like this feeling and I wanted it to go away. Whoever the victim was is now free from this cruel world. I'm sure the person who did this will pay.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked, concerned. 

I jumped so high, I thought I was going to hit the ceiling. I tried to control my breathing, while my wolf was growling from the scare.

"I'm fine mom, just worried." I paused for a bit and I heard my mom sigh. I listened to her quiet breathing. She was just about to retreat when I asked, "Did you hear about the murder that happened on this street?"

"No?" She answered, obviously frightened. “What murder?”

"Well they won't show the body and I’m very concerned as to who it is, so I was wondering if you could figure out who it is?" 

My mom does autopsies. She's not very fond of her job but she always says that if it pays for the bills, then it doesn't matter. Every day she comes home looking more depressed than the past day. I always ask her why but all I get from her is "It was a hard day at work". I gave up after a while but her expression just seems to get darker with every day that passes. I'm sure she has thought about getting another job, we just can't afford the change right now.

Ever since my dad screwed up his business, we've been dirt poor. Truthfully, I didn't mind. My parents were the only ones that were stressing about it. We live a pretty comfortable life. As I always say, there are people in all parts of the world that have it worse. You know what I get as an answer? "They aren’t werewolves trying to find a place to survive with a pack." 

Personally, I'm not a fan of being a werewolf, but why mope about it? It's not going to change who we are. What gets me mad is that my dad is an alpha, yet he has the audacity to complain about his job. There are werewolves everywhere who would kill for that spot.

I know for a fact that it has happened before. The Wolf Court decided that it’s just part of our nature. "Survival of the fittest" they say. I think that's a bunch of poo. Why? Because alphas naturally don't just pop out of nowhere, it’s a system. It belongs to the family who found that piece of land. 

In my case, my ancestors found this small piece of land called Cyprita. The first male or female to be born from the person who found this land was to become the alpha. Ever since then, that system has been going on for generations. It’s the same for every state in every country of every continent.  You can imagine that there are a lot of alpha's in the world.

Later on during the generations, rogue werewolves found a lope hole in our system. The lope hole was to kill the alpha. If the alpha is murdered under fair circumstances, meaning they fought to the death and the current alpha has not told the heir to be that they are to be the alpha, then the winner is prized. The prize, being alpha. It’s a cruel way to get the heir, but it's been happening more frequently now.

Remembering all this got me thinking. Thinking about my dad and when he was going to come back from his "Alpha Duties" I needed him right now more than ever. I mean, I felt safe with my mom, that wasn't the problem. It's just that my dad is my rock; he was always there when I needed him. 

My head was beginning to hurt. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I forgot what time it was. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that I was running late. I had five minutes to get to school. The school where I'm mostly hated, where I don't fit in. Worst of all? Where I see Aiden. His name gave my chills and I knew for sure that it wasn’t a good thing. He was a creep.

Before I could get lost in my thoughts again, I grabbed my bag, running out the door. I yelled my good bye to my mom, and ran to school. It was about a mile away, so I knew I could make it on time. Hopefully. I used my wolf speed, I ran into some people, knocking their books with them. I yelled sorry to them but they just glared at me while picking up their spread out items. I made it inside the classroom right when the bell rang. Sighing relieved, I took a seat next to Jonathan, who smiled at me and listened to the lecture that the teacher was droning on about. History? Not my thing.

***

It was lunch time, and everything seemed to be back to normal. Normal meaning Amy wasn't fantasizing about Aiden, and Jonathan was back to his cheerful self. I was glad, so I didn't question it.

Before I could get comfortable, I felt tension in the cafeteria. I was going to turn around and scope to see if anything was going on before I heard Amy gasp. I quickly turned to the direction she was looking and saw that it was none other than Aiden. Behind him, was a familiar guy. All I saw was his hair. When his full body stepped into view, I gasped myself. It was the sexy jock I ran into twice yesterday! He was looking very handsome today. I knew he was one of the populars, so of course he was handsome. 

Everyone’s eyes were on him. He had a great influence on everyone. Aside from the obvious, I knew absolutely nothing about him, which for some reason made my wolf sad.  She started to whimper. I quickly hushed her away. 

I couldn't stop starring at him, it came to the point where he noticed me, of all freaking people. All he did was smirk. He didn't take his eyes off of me, which I found odd. His eyes were just so breath taking... I cursed at myself while I tried to turn away. I couldn't. My wolf was taking over and it was too hard to calm her down.

It was like me and him were like the only two people in the cafeteria. This was crazy. No way.

My mouth fell open and I was finally able to avert his hold on my gaze. I got up leaving the cafeteria as fast as I my long legs could go. I felt his eyes on my back as a left. I opened the door to the court yard. As soon as the door closed, everyone erupted in chatter. 

I made my way to the girl’s bathroom to wash my face. I tried to control my breathing, which I just noticed was out of control.  When my heart beat was even, I decided it was time to go back. I walked slowly back to the cafeteria, opened the door and made my way back to the table. The chatter died down to a whisper as soon as I sat down. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. My friends looked at me and I just gave them a reassuring look. 

This was going to me a long day. Too much was going on right now, too much for me to handle alone. This cocky jock is my mate.

To think I still  don't even know his name.

************************************************************************************************************

So I know I didn't reveal much in this chapter but I don't want to rush things.

Who do you think the murderer is? The Victim? What do you think of sexy cocky jock? (;

Tell me what you think!

Please spread word of my story! It would really mean the world to me!

Also if you have some constructive criticism please let me know! I'd be happy to hear it!

Picture of Samantha on the side! 

Vote!

Comment!

Fan! 

Stay tuned for the next update! I promise you that more will be revealed! Just not all at the same time!

PS. Finally proof read this short chapter! I changed some things and I added a bit. Hope you enjoyed! Tell me if I missed anything!