Chapter 11

“This one’s nice, isn’t it Moll?”

“Dan, its beautiful but have you seen the price?”

“Yeah, so?”

“£3,599! It’s a lot of money for a simple looking ring…”

“Hm, true. What do you think of this locket then?”

“Not bad for £20. Why Dan?”

“Hold on.” 

Dan walked inside the jewellers, called the lady over and shown her the locket. They both walked inside and about 10 minutes later he walked out with a little box. He took the locket out of the box and said ”Here, let me put this on.” He put it on me, and told me to open it. I looked inside the locket to see the picture of me and him we took not long ago. 

“The lady was able to process the picture in there and then add it into the locket.”

“Dan you shouldn’t have, I mean, it is beautiful.”

“Look on the back” he whispered into my ear. 

‘I’ll never let you go. To have and to hold, forever. Mrs Molly Flint’ it read on the back.

I started crying in front of the shop, people staring me and Dan thinking he had upset me. He pulled me in for a hug. ”I take it you like it then? I know we’re not engaged or anything but it does sound nice, doesn’t it?”

“I love it Dan.”

“Come on, let’s go shopping.” He grabbed my hand and off we went.

We spent nearly 6 hours just shopping in different stores. We went into Superdrug to by some hair dye… Not for me, for Dan. 

“My roots are coming through, need to dye it bleach blonde again.” Dan said.

“No, leave it. Go back to brown. I want to run my hands through your brown hair and see the difference.”

Dan winked at me. ”I need some hair dye anyway, Dan.” I picked up Live XXL 35 - Real Red. My hairs kind of gone gingery and I’m surprised none of the boys have teased me over it. I loved having red hair, especially just after having it dyed when it’s at its brightest.

“I’ll dye it for you later, if you want me to? I do know how to do it. I’ve done my mum’s loads of times.”

“Dan… are you sure you’re a guy? First the Flintceschi romance, then the make-up, now the hair dye?” I tormented him as I paid for the hair dye. He pretended to walk off in a mood but came running back when I said I was gonna go and get a cake from Greggs. "Oh Daniel.”

“You’ll be saying that soon” he said with a cheeky wink.

“Not for a few day’s Dan…”

“Oh yeah, right, that. So its worked then?”

“Yeah it has, we can go back to normal in a few days.” Dan gave me a smile.

“Come on, I’ve seen the perfect outfit for you to wear tonight.”

“Tonight? What’s happening tonight?”

“I’m taking you out for dinner, Molly. Just us two. No Chris, Josh, Matt or Max. Me and you only. So we can spend a proper full day and night together.”

“Dan, you really don’t need to do all of this, honestly.”

“Oh but I do Molly.”