Chapter 1

I love being in a relationship, especially when the person you love will do anything to make you happy. I've found my Snapback Princess: Dan Flint.

I'm 17 and Dan is 23. A little bit of an age gap but it doesn't matter when it comes to love. We've only been together for about 6 months but its 6 beautiful months together that I wouldn't change for anything. Everything from being out with him, touring with him, being in the bedroom with him is perfect. He's perfect. We're perfect. Yes we've had a rough start to our relationship but we've built on from it and now we are stronger than ever. 

Let me tell you how we met...

I've always been a massive You Me At Six fan. I've been to most of their shows which meant travelling the county, seeing some amazing places, One day in my home town of Birmingham, me and my friend Charley went to the cinema to see Bourne Ultimatum. We paid for our tickets, sat down only for Charley to realise we was sitting right next to Flintceschi. Josh and Dan from YMAS. Dan and Josh.

"Molly!"  Charley whispered amazed, shaking my arm. "What?"

"Look to your right!" I turned my head to see a beautiful, blonde man smiling at me, looking at me with them beautiful blue eyes. My jaw dropped. "Hi, I'm Dan Flint. Want some popcorn?" Now, I'm the type of girl that is starstruck whenever I meet a person I highly look up to and somehow, I was normal around Dan and Josh.

"Only if it's salted!" I said with a smile on my face, trying to be as normal as possible. "Its always got to be salted. Sweet is too... sweet." Dan replied, with a cheeky laugh. We shared the popcorn with each other, including Josh and Charley to make sure they didn't feel left out. Throughout the whole film, Dan had his hand on my leg. I wasn't complaining but when I looked at Charley's face, I saw she was beginning to get jealous. 

I've never been the girl that gets all the guys. I've always been the outsider, the person who gets bullied because I'm different. Whereas Charley was the popular one out of the both of us, always getting boys attention and going to the house parties. I was bullied because I'm 5ft 3" with a small belly. I'm pale, not the prettiest of people so I was an easy target. For Dan to talk to me and not Charley really wound her up.

The movie finished and Charley was quick to pounce. "So, what you two lovely looking lads doing now?" with her flirty smile she uses. "We were gona go to Nando's to get something to eat. Wanna join us?" Josh asked. This was the first time he properly said something to us. We agreed to go with them. I mean come on, a meal with Flintceschi? Why would you turn that down?!

"Wow, this feels weird." I said. 

"Why, Molls?" Dan asked. Oh my God... He already had a nickname for me!

"Oh because you know, its not everyday you meet Flintceschi at the cinema and then have a meal with them somewhere you've never ate before..." 

"Oh, I've been Nando's plenty of times. Favourite place in the whole world, apart from my bed!" Charley said, letting out the fakest laugh I have ever heard. She was a bitch sometimes but she's always been there for me.

Charley kept running her hands up and down Josh and quite frankly, he looked a bit uncomfortable. She always did this to boys and they ended up in her bed but instead, Josh stormed off. Dan excused himself to go and talk to Josh. 

I snapped at Charley. "Charley, what the fuck are you doing?! We're having a nice meal here with people that are celebrities almost and all you can think about is shagging Josh in your bed! That's all you ever think about!"

"I'm sorry Molly, but at least I'll actually get into bed with someone. Don't have a go at me saying who I can and can't shag, just because you got raped! That's as much sex as you'll ever get! You're a sad excuse of a person."

I couldn't believe my best friend said that to me. That's my secret... When I was 15 I was walking home from Charley's when I was raped. I've only just got over it and now she said that... It brings back so much crap. 

Tears started welling up in my eyes. Dan returned without Josh, looking at me as if he was genuinely concerned. "Moll, what's wrong? Hey, don't cry." He wiped my tears away, giving me a nice hug. Man did he smell nice. Lynx chocolate, my favourite men's deodorant. "Oh its nothing. Charley brought up something from the past and stormed off... Its not  a big deal."

"Molly, it is a big deal if you're crying. Tell me, what happened?"

"I don't want to upset you... We've had a great time so far..."

"It will only upset me if you don't tell me." Dan looked at me with his blue eyes. Wow, they really know how to get words out of you.

"One day I was walking home from Charley's at about 5pm. Out of nowhere a man g-grabbed me from behind, took me into an alleyway and..." My voice started to break. "A-and... he r-r-raped me. I-i-i couldn't do anything Dan!" I burst into tears. Dan pulled me in close, holding me tightly. I could tell it got to him but he wouldn't let it show. "Hey, shh. He can't do anything to you now, okay? You've got me."

"T-thanks Dan.... Where was you when all the shit I went through was happening?" 

"What shit? What happened Molly?" I can't believe I was actually opening up to Dan. 

"I've always been bullied. Because of my height, weight, looks... Everything. Charley wasn't much of a help either, she just told me it would stop but it didn't."

After we spoke about me getting bullied, we got to know each other more. Dan told me about his dad dying and how its helped him become a stronger person, I shared about my dad running off with his secretary when my mum was pregnant with what could've been my little brother. My mum had a miscarriage at 6 months and she went down the depressive route. 

"So, how is your mum now, Molly?"

"She committed suicide a year ago just after losing my little brother." Dan looked at me, as white as a ghost. 

"Don't worry Dan, I'm fine. I know I've got her looking over me which helps me through everything."

"Molly, you've been through so much. Come here." Dan picked me up and gave me the biggest but best hug I have ever had. "Molly, I know we've only known each other for what, 4 hours? but I feel like we've known each other for years. You're so nice, I just don't understand why you was bullied..."

"Dan, its all in the past now. I'm over it all. I'm just focusing on the future with friends, family and possibly something else." I gave Dan a little wink, hoping he caught on with what I was leading with.

Dan smiled at me. his blue eyes sparkled at me. "We've got sound check in about an hour... Do you wanna come and watch us?" Was Dan actually asking me to watch him and the rest of You Me At Six get ready for their Birmingham show? "Yeah, sure" I said smiling.

He took my hand and we walked all the way to the Birmingham Ballroom, still holding hands. This felt right, it felt like we was supposed to meet.