Chapter 3

BANG! BANG! 

Dan pulled away whilst I was still leaning in. I have a habit of doing that whenever I'm about to kiss someone gorgeous. Someone stormed in.

"Alright guys! I'm not interrupting anything am I?" said a quite happy Josh.

"No, not at all dude! You've cheered up a bit then?" Dan replied. He was interrupting something. I, Molly Robinson was about to kiss Dan Flint. 'Thanks Josh!' I thought to myself.

"Ooh, what you two doing back here then, all alone?" Josh said with an incredibly big smile and a wink, completely missing Dan's question. 

"Oh, it's nothing Josh. We was just talking, yanno?" I said as Dan rubbed the back of his neck, looking a bit puzzled. 

"Well then, I'll leave you two to it." Josh looked at me and smiled. He patted Dan on the way out with a little nod of the head.

"I'm so sorry Molly! About both of them things..."

"You're sorry about us nearly kissing? I was actually hoping we as gonna..."  I kept looking to the ground, moving my feet with nervousness in case he didn't want to kiss me.

"Really? I was too." Dan pulled me in close by my waist, lifted my chin up and kissed me. I felt fireworks going off. I saw stars. It felt nice and right. It was perfect.

"Wow... erm... wow." I was lost for words. 

"I know." Dan said, smiling. He pulled me in close for a long, incredibly long hug. He still smelt of Lynx Chocolate. "I've got sound check now, do you wanna come and watch?" Dan asked.

"Wasn't that the reason I was brought back here?" I laughed.

"Well, and to keep me company too Molly! I like having you here. Its nice to have someone with me instead of being lonely and seeing Matt and Chris with their girlfriends. You'll meet Holly and Georgina tomorrow at the concert. Nice girls." Dan made me feel like I belonged there with him, he made me feel like I actually mattered to people instead of being the one that was always left out. 

"I like being with you too, Dan. This is way better than sitting at my nan's doing nothing but flicking through the music channels and listening to her go on about knitting." Dan laughed and gave me the cutest smile I have ever seen. "Shall we go?" he asked.

"Sure." I replied. He took my hand and off we went to watch them rehearse.

-------------------------

When we got to the stage after a very long walk, holding each others hands, Dan pulled up a chair and sat me right next to his drum kit. "You can sit here and watch me play."  I sat down and he walked over to Matt where he whispered into his ear. Matt nodded, told Chris and Max who told Josh. Dan sat down behind the kit, winked at me and tapped his drum sticks together three times. 

There was a riff from Chris' guitar which immediately went into a song. I gasped. I recognised the tune. Dan begin to play, Josh began to sing.

When I was younger, I always thought I could be someone if I tried enough.

I sat there watching Dan play, listening to the guitars and Josh's voice. I sang along and burst into tears when they finished. "Hey, what's wrong beautiful?" Dan asked, looking worried himself.

"It's n-nothing, I just love that song so much. It's so emotional and powerful. It's one of my favourites and hearing you play it... it's just beautiful." Dan moved from his drums and picked me up and kissed me. I felt the fireworks going off all over again. It stopped me from crying, I felt like I was on a high. I could get used to this. "Better?" Dan asked. "Much better."  I said, smiling.

The look of jealousy on Josh's face. Afterall I was kissing his Dan but I didn't care. I wanted to make Dan mine so badly but I needed to wait to see what the weekend brings. 

After the set, Josh asked if me for a word. He was all calm but looked quite serious. We walked off to a private room marked "Band Members Only" in big, bold letters. "Molly." Josh said, after sighing.  "Yeah, Josh? What's up?" I felt the butterflies in my stomach again. I've never been in a situation like this. "Molly, I've never seen Dan this happy before. After Dave, his dad, died he hasn't been his usual self. I know that was over a year ago but you've made him become the person he used to be, his happy side has come out again. Yeah he was a little bit happy before but he's never been like this since his dad was diagnosed with cancer and sadly died. It's making us all happy and I salute you for it. It's made this more enjoyable. Keep up the work Molly, he really likes you and so do we."  Josh then walked off, I was just standing there a bit confused but with a smile on my face. 

Dan soon came and swept me off my feet giving me a big kiss, again the fireworks went off. I felt amazing. Everything felt like it was falling into place. "Here, Moll. What did Josh want?" 

"Oh, he just wanted to make sure I was okay after 'When We We're Younger' and the other songs. You guys really play to your best. I'm so proud of you." Dan just blushed and carried me away back stage. He laid me down on the couch, walked up to the door and locked it. He took his top off and threw it across the room. Man, his body is perfect. 

He gave me his cheeky smile and winked, walking over to me, keeping eye contact with my eyes each step of the way.