Grimm Tragedies pt. 1 (revised)

Chapter One

A young man sits in front of a lake it’s dark out and the moon is reflecting off of the water. The moon is full tonight giving the shaded world an eerie orange glow. It is the time of the harvest; the farmers have been working diligently to bring in the crop. It leaves a dusty smell in the air the same kind you would expect if a house has been unkept for a long period of time. The air is muggy and hard after the brief rain from earlier that day. The young man pulls out a silver plated 9mm pistol; he examines the gun as if he didn’t know where it came from, as if it fell from the heavens and into his hands. A small smile crept on his face, but to what satisfaction did he get from this man? A man in a red hoodie slowly creeps behind the young man, but he is too preoccupied examining the gun, which gleams in the moon light onto his face showing some of his features. His face is young with brown eyes that shine with curiosity and his hair is halfway down his neckline also covering his eyes slightly.  He is a slender fellow looking as if he could eat some more red meat to fill his figure.  He was tall not tall enough to be a N.B.A. basketball player, but tall enough that most people walked up to him and gawked as if he were.  The man in the red hoodie was waiting patiently on some unknown sign to move closer to the tall slender fellow. His breaths were very close in pace to one another as if he were excited to see him, but he was also very cautious to not be seen.  The young man gazed at the gun for a long time unknowing of the intruder behind him; the young man cocked the gun and pointed it to his temple. He smiled and softly said, “Sometimes it’s all too much for me to handle so I bid you Adieu.”

The man in the red hoodie cocked his head waiting for the loud explosion that was already ringing in his ears before the boy even pulled the trigger. He crawled on his stomach trying to get a better look at this mysterious man who he’s been spying on for almost an hour now.  As he was about a foot away he heard a small click after the young man had pulled the trigger, the damn gun had jammed. The young man looked at the gleaming gun in disappointment as if it had committed some horrible discretion against him.  The man in the red hoodie smiled wide as the boy got up and threw the gun out into the lake making the water ripple out into circular patterns. “Stupid gun can’t even do it’s job right!” he said with utter disgust.