Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
-Sebastian's POV-
It had been three weeks since Eve had her seizure and fell into a coma. I had thought that she would stop shaking and calm down but when she didn't, I left her side to call a doctor. When I returned to her chambers, she was long gone and the space on the bed she had just been lying on, cold. As if she had never existed.
Days went by and our frantic searches were always ended with failures. Young Master talked to anybody who knew everybody. I searched the entire country, attempting to find her heavenly aura. Three weeks and still nothing to be found.
The routine had become to see Undertaker in hopes of him catching any news. Young master and I walked into the stuffy space, ignoring the corpses that lie within the coffins along the wall. Undertaker looked up at me through the curtains he called hair. A grin spread across his face, ear to ear. His startling voice reached my ears as he laughed manically. "Dear butler, I'm afraid I have some good news for you!"
-Eve's POV-
I was beginning to give up all hope of ever leaving the vast expanse of darkness. I no longer cried or screamed or begged. I just sat there, gazing into the nothingness. Thoughts of my once possible future with Sebastian ran through my mind. They were the only things that could keep me sane. I imagined a place where we could be together without the stress and pain of my past. Images of little children running through a yard with a garden much like the one I tended to at the manor danced behind my eyelids, barely beyond my reach. The thought of having children peaked my interest. I had never thought that way before. What would Sebastian think?
It wouldn't matter either way. I doubted I'd ever see him again anyway. What would he have thought if he'd heard my pessimistic thinking? My thoughts drifted so far I was completely unaware of the tugging sensation in my chest and at the back of my mind.
I blinked once and when I opened my eyes there was a blinding light and I could faintly hear the echoes of a harmony. It was then I was completely, absolutely sure I was dead. I was beginning to let myself go towards the light when it suddenly started burning.
The sensation was so intense I thought the flames of hell were trying to consume me. I didn't know how long I remained there burning or when I lost what consciousness I had left, but when I woke up, I wasn't in the black void anymore.
I lifted my arms and heard the rattling of chains. I looked around, feeling utterly lost. The room contained plush furniture and a table topped with a banquet. My mouth began to water at the sight of food. How long had it been since I'd last eaten? The walls were cream colored and gold trim lined the room. From the style and decor, I knew that I was no longer in England.
Spicy scents hung in the air and the heat of the sun beaming through the open window was almost unbearable. I sat in the chair to which my chains were bound, happy I was no longer in the nightmarish void. I heard fast paced music coming from another part of the building, accompanied by the tinkling of laughter and clinking of glasses. At least someone was having a party.
The muffled sounds of footsteps just beyond the white, intricately detailed door caught my attention. I glanced at the handle, my breath catching in my throat. It twisted...agonizing milliseconds went by. Then finally, the door opened.
I noticed his dark skin and piercing eyes before I registered who he really was. All previous emotions of joy were replaced by fear. Here I was, chained to a chair...by the very demon who hurt me the most. I scoffed. "I really should have known it was you, Emilio. Why would you go so far?"
He smiled evilly,"You belong to me. I had you first. It's as simple as that, Esperanza."
"Don't call me that! That is not my name!"
"Stop denying our past together. You and I both know we shall be the death of each other."
I closed my eyes. I figured as much. This man would never leave me alone, much less leave me alone with Sebastian. I sighed at the thought of Sebastian. Before I knew it I could feel heated breath and smell the spicy scent. I opened my eyes and Emilio shoved his lips against mine. I was immediately disgusted and bit his lip as an attempt to put distance between us. He instead took it as a sign of encouragement. "Ah, Esperanza, I knew you missed me."he said.
"Like hell you prick!"
"Gosh! Is this the kind of language that detested butler has been teaching you?"he backed away, allowing me my space and room to breathe.
"Tell me. Why are you so obsessed with me?" I was trying to remain calm but all sense of control was evading me.
"What an odd question. The way you looked drenched in that family's blood, the way your frightened eyes begged me for help. That was what first attracted me to you."
"I'm not that person anymore. I am Eve now."
"You are and always will be the girl who caught my eye, Esperanza. Why bother keeping the name Eve? Why don't you like the name that I, myself, gave to you?"
"So you're telling me that not even Esperanza is my real name? Does anybody actually know who I am?"I was beginning to talk more to myself than to the demon in front of me.
"I know who you are. That damned demon does not!" He was infuriated.
"That 'damned demon' just so happens to be the one he fixed me!" Emilio could talk all he wanted about me, but I would not tolerate him trashing on Sebastian. "Besides, last I checked, you're an even worse demon than he is!"
He looked at me bewildered, almost as if he didn't expect me to know his true identity.
"That's right, bastard. How's your beloved daddy doing this time of year?" I spat sarcastically.
"Hold your tongue! You know nothing of my father! You know absolutely nothing! So hold your damn tongue, y-you whore!" From the stammering and amount of fury his words were exuding, I could tell I had stuck a major chord.
"Funny. Sebastian says there's no way in hell I could ever be a whore. I may not know anything about hell or your devil daddy, but what I do know is that I hate you with every fiber of my being and I will continue to do so until the day my bones and flesh become fertilizer for the soil!" I screamed at him, putting every ounce of emotion into it. I will not give up this fight and give in to the very man I loathed.
I will stand my ground. For myself and for Sebastian. I will make it out alive so I could have the future with Sebastian that I had imagined while I was trapped in the void of darkness.
Kids, garden, and all.
-----------
Every day I get more and more excited by the amount of reads and votes 'A Blank Canvas' gets. I am so happy and thankful for you all. If you haven't already, please check out my story 'ACE'. I must warn you, it will take longer to upload chapters to that story than to this one. Again, many thanks and I love you all!