Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight
Weeks came and went like ducks in the winter. Every night Sebastian would tuck me in but he would only rarely stay the night with me. I cherished the nights he would because of the simple small talk we would have. Today was like any other, the sun high in the sky and the manor noisy. I had begun to work with Finny in the gardens once my leg was completely healed. Ciel told me he wouldn't be supporting any freeloaders and gave me the job.
I would rarely see Sebastian during the day due to his separate work. At night however, he would come sit with me and talk about his day. I was eagerly waiting for the sun to go down when a familiar stench wafted into the garden where I was working. The invisible hands squeezed my throat and I could faintly make out a silhouette a few feet away. I felt no fear this time. Sebastian promised me that nothing would ever hurt me. I put all my faith in him.
My attacker saw that I had no fear. "My dear Esperanza! Have you remembered me?"
Something within me told me to lie. "I do. I remember every second with you."
"Are you ready to return to my side, my love?"
I froze. I needed to make him believe that I remembered him! I can't act surprised like this now! "Why should I? I'm happy here."
"It's that butler, isn't it? You know what he is, don't you Esperanza?" The fury was written clear as day across his face.
Heat flooded to my face. Yes, it was that butler. Wherever Sebastian goes, I go. "You have been gone so long. I was so sad. Where have you been?"
He smiled. "I've been waiting for you to awaken. To remember." Slowly the pressure on my throat decreased, allowing me to breathe easier.
Inside I smiled. "Sebastian."I whispered. The wind stopped and the stench started receding. My hero had come.
"You called for me, Eve?"he said into my ear. The other man just stood and watched. I nodded. Sebastian turned to the other,"Please, do tell us your name."
The dark skinned man looked appalled. "I see there is no avoiding this. You can't have my Esperanza! I swear upon my throne! I am Prince Emilio. I will come back for her." He turned to look at me,"I bid thee well, my love." Then he left.
Sebastian and I were left standing in the garden. I put my arms around his waist and my head on his chest. "Eve, did he scare you again?" His voice was earnest.
"No, I just missed you. That's all." He patted the top of my head.
"I will come visit you tonight. We have much to discuss."
"I know." I let him out of my arms and watch him saunter away. A slight ache in my torso, the same one I get whenever he leaves my side, made me bring my hand to my chest.
The sun finally went down and everyone was fast asleep in their rooms. I was brushing my teeth when I heard the slight click of my door opening. I smiled to myself and rinsed my mouth out. When I turned around, he was standing right behind me. I threw my arms around his neck and pecked his lips.
"Wow, Eve. What's gotten into you? I can't remember the last time you kissed me." He sounded amused.
"I've been thinking a lot lately."
"About?"
"I should have no reason to be shy around you. Did you know that you were the first person to make me blush?"
"Really? When?"
"The first time we met in Felix's kitchen. I didn't feel happy until you came along either."
"I didn't know that. Would you like to know something as well?"
I grabbed his hand and led him out of the bathroom as I nodded.
"Before you, I've never wanted to protect something so bad. Even my young master couldn't compare."
I felt my cheeks go red and I turned to look at him. His eyes were glowing that pretty color again. I reached up to touch his cheek, and unlike the first time I'd witnessed this, I brushed my fingers across his jaw. I didn't drop my hand either. His eyes closed and he sighed. "No! Open them. I want to see them."I whimpered.
He chuckled and he looked at me. They glowed even brighter than ever. "You're so demanding, Eve. I don't think I'd ever be able to disobey you." He laid his cheek on my hand and kissed my wrist. Tingles ran up and down my spine and my legs became noodles. He snaked his arm around me and kissed up my arm, over my shoulder, and on my neck. My breaths became uneven.
"You're so beautiful and yet you were treated so cruelly."he whispered against my skin. He sat us on the bed, still brushing kisses on my shoulder. I didn't know what was going on, but I liked it.
"Am I supposed to feel like I'm on fire?"I asked breathlessly.
"Do I make you feel like you're on fire?" His voice was thick and deep. My eyelids involuntarily closed and my head tilted to the side. "I'll take that as a yes."he chuckled.
I could feel his teeth graze against the skin on my neck and my lips parted, letting out a small gasp. He took the opportunity to put his lips on mine and kiss me fully. I welcomed his tongue. This was bliss.
My hands wound themselves into his hair and I pulled him closer. I found myself on my back with his hands on my hips. "S-Sebastian, what is this I feel when I'm with you. It's so light and wonderful."
He looked up into my eyes. I held his face firmly. "Eve, I cannot tell you what you feel. Only you can do that. What I can tell you, is that with you, I have reached nirvana."
I sat up. "That reminds me."
"Hmm?"
"Emilio said something to me earlier and I wanted to ask you about it."
He grabbed my hand and locked our fingers together. "Yes?"
"What are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You promised you would tell me and quite frankly, this is the perfect time. Besides, Emilio obviously knows."
He sighed deeply. "I fear that if I tell you, you will go away forever and I'll never see you again."
"Where would I go? Why would I leave?"
"You'd leave with him. And because of what I am."
"Sebastian Michaelis, I am not nor will I be afraid of you. So please, don't hide these things from me."
He slipped away from me and stood up. I went to stand with him but he shook his head and put his hands on my shoulders. "Lay down."he commanded. I did as he told but with a gnawing feeling in my stomach.
He pulled the blankets over me and kissed me once, twice, three times, before leaving me to my dreams.
There was blood everywhere. On the floors, the walls,...my hands. Bodies endlessly littered the room. What was I seeing? I could hear a young woman's scream and my feet carried me forward to where she was. I was going to save her from whoever did this! I opened the door to a pantry and the woman screamed louder. A knife I didn't realize was in my hand, was suddenly thrust into the woman's bosom over her heart. Her screams became choked and mine escaped my throat.
-------
Meh heh heh! I think I had too much fun writing this chapter! :3 <3