Chapter 12

Lois' POV:

Niall jumped around the room, crying with happiness. He planted kisses all over me and even hugged the nurse. I laugh, and can't take my eyes off him, even though my eye lids are droopy.

"Lois, we don't want to alarm you, but you fell into a coma. The beats you received were bad. The police have been notified.". I nod in understanding, but really I am petrified. Devon will definitely kill me if he ever sees me again. "Not to put any stress on you, but... Zach Sturgess?". I wince at the sound of Devon's surname. "Your son, he has been taken off of Devon. Social services won't let him have any more contact with his Father, and seeing as your his mother, well..."

"Yes!" I exclaim, my eyes prickling with tears.

The nurse smiles and tells me she will just leave to make some calls for me. Niall sits beside me, careful not to hurt me.

"How can you be so okay about this?" he asks.

"Niall, I know it's been tough, and I've been physically and emotionally hurt, but you know what, it was worth it" I see his eyes full of confusion. "Niall, I went there to get Zach, and that's exactly what I'm now getting. Yes, it was tough. But I've now also got him arrested, and you want to know something I'm 100% sure about now?"

"What?" he asks, his hand squeezing mine. I love it when he does that.

"You" I smile. "Now, I know the love between us is real. You have been there for me, even when I'm half alive. I don't know where you were when I needed help, but I know there must be a reason, because I believe you when you tell me that you'll do anything for me, that you will always protect me."

Niall's POV:

My eyes become all blurry. A tear escapes down my cheek, but I ignore it and smash my lips into my beautiful girlfriends. I didn't want to explain to her that as I went to help her, I was taken and tied up. She would feel bad, and she really couldn't handle that stress right now.

I thought about us bringing Zach up. I'm guessing I would act as the fatherly figure. That was quite scary as I still eat smiley face potatoes, but if me and Lois are together, we can achieve anything!