Street Kid

I  finally made it back to the town i knew and remembered, it was a big city right on the edge of toronto. I didnt go back home i strolled the streets during the day and found places to crash at night, by now i have accumulated some clothes i have stolen along the way, and Bev gave me her backpack. I had to find out ways to survive on my own, i had nobody i could go to as i am pretty sure tey would tell my parents where i was. I would go into the nearest mall and steal things, i knew it was wrong but i needed to survive and i didnt want to do what Beverly did to survive. I went into a Loblaws grocery store and stole a few items,it was pretty easy to steal from there, the first thing i stole was a small pint of ice cream, why sdid i steal that? i dont know. It wasnt till i was sitting on the top stairwell of an apartment buling that i realized i had no spoon. I went back out to the closest Mcdonalds and got a spoon.

I couldnt wait to taste this treat, my first scoop and my plastic spoon broke. FUNNY I THOUGHT. I ended up using my fingers, i know that is gross but i was hungry. I take all the clothes out of the backpack and layed them into a makeshift bed to lay on, and lay down staring at the walls. This was the top landing of the stairs and it only had one door which was the maintaince room, so i knoe that no one might come up here tonight. It was not very comfy but it would have to do. I went down to look around the 3 floor walk up and stole someones welcome mat,  i would use this to help the floor not be so hard. The night seemed to drag on, every little sound i heard scared me, was i going to be found out?

I made it through that nght but even though it was summer i was still freezing. I waked to the nearest mall to chill and find some more food, I saw a great opportunity to steal a walkman so i did, but then i also had to steal a tape and batteries. Which i did, i was getting pretty good at this stealing. I hung out at the mall in the days and slept at my spot at night. I met some people at the mall who introduced me to smoking, i put the smoke upto my mouth and pretended to inhale, gross i thought but wow i look cool though! They took me with tem to a party they were going to, these were 2 girls and a guy who were also homeless like me. We got to this so called party, but i was okay with it there was food and music. There seemed to be only middle aged men there playing weird music, they asked us if  we want to go to the  movies with them, we told them we have no money, but they said it was ok. I dont remeber the movie we went to see but i fell asleep in the theatre, it was warm and had comfy seats, i awoke to someone stroking my leg, it was this guy that tagged along, ew i thought this is not a scene i wanna be in, i thought are all men friggin pigs? i got out of there right away, without even telling the homeless kids i came with.

I walked back to my spot and slept the night there, that next morning i needed to go to the bathroom and i also wanted to get a free bite to eat, i was pretty dirty by this point. I walked to the nearest Burger King and went into the bathroom and washed my hair in the sink, some one waked in while i was doing this and asked what i was doing? I quickly finsihed and ran out. I decided to head to the spot i know i could steal food from, which i did i got a big apple strusel, i sat down and ate this yummy treat, i was in a good place, by myself no rules and no one hurting me anymore.I relaxed on a bench in the mall while i had some stolen things still in my bag, a few hours earlier i stole a cassette tape called Alias from a nearby music store. I close my eyes for a moment it seemed until i heard excuse me dear, is your name Brandi? I said yes why? He said come with me i am with the mississauga police dept and we have you reported as a runaway.