Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Song of the Chapter: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

~~Rachel's POV~~

It's been about a month since Justin got shot. With my constant nagging he's been going easy. He goes on the jobs, but stays far away as lookout, or so he tells me. He hasn't come home since with any serious injures. There's the occasional bruise or scrape that he swears he gets from falling.

"Nurse Rachel," Jayden called from upstairs somewhere. It's been a month since they all came home broken and beaten, but I still have the nickname. I feel like the mom of the house.

I got up from the couch where I had been watching Spongebob Squarepants and climbed the steps to the second floor of the house. My living scenario was strange. I slept here, I ate here, I showered here, but most to all of my stuff is still at Jessica's. I went to her house once a week and did laundry, grabbed more clothes for the week, and have a girl day away from The Sharps' house. Difficult isn't even the word to describe what it's like living in a house with 5 boys.

"Yes Jayden?" I asked, finding him in his bathroom. Each boy had their own bedroom, but only Justin had his own bathroom. Tony and Jayden shared a bathroom. And Preston and Jeff shared one.

"I cut my face shaving," he stated sadly.

"Rinse it off and put a band-aid on it," I stated. This whole "nurse" thing was getting old.

"Can you do it for me?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a band-aid from underneath the sink. I knew this place like the back of my hand now. I took a tissue and wet it, to rinse the nick on his chin, but it continued to bleed.

"Do you have roll-on deodorant?" I asked.

Jayden looked at me funny and grabbed his deodorant. "Yea, why?"

"Just a little trick my mom taught me when I was little," I said rolling the deodorant over the cut, "I always cut my legs shaving."

The bleeding stopped so I placed the band-aid over it before I felt strong arms on me.

"What're you doing?!" Justin asked loudly.

"Nothing. Jayden was just being a little sissy," I teased, sticking my tongue out at Jayden.

I walked to Justin's room and sat on the bed. Justin was hot on my tail.

"What the fuck was that?!" Justin asked angrily.

"Like I said, it was nothing. Jayden nicked himself shaving so I was putting a band-aid on it. No big deal."

"It's a very big deal Rachel. Why couldn't he have just done it himself?! Why were you guys teasing with each other?!" Justin asked like a madman.

"Calm down Justin. It was just a joke. We were goofing around and that's all," Jayden said, coming in the open doorway.

I flung my arms toward Jayden and said, "It was nothing, see?!" I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration, "you have to calm down."

He's been acting weird all week. Clingy was the wrong word to describe it. He was just very needy of my attention being on him and only him.

"How the fuck do you expect me to calm down when my best friend and my girlfriend were seconds away from fucking each other?!" he screamed.

"Where did you even get that?! Did you think we were flirting?! Because I can assure you that we weren't."

"Shut the fuck up! I can't fucking lo-" Justin caught the words in his throat. His face became red like he was fighting himself to say something. I had never seen him like this. He made fists with his hands at his sides. His knuckles were white from the pressure he was creating. "Jayden," he called, as if he didn't see Jayden standing right in front of him.