Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Song of the Chapter: California Gurls by Katy Perry

~~Rachel's POV~~

This was going to be another long night with a drunken Tyler.

Tyler passed out on top of me before anything happened. Thats how it always went. He would come home in a drunken funk and want to have sex with me. I would end up caving, but by that point he would always be on the verge of passing out. This was happening more often. Every night this week he came home hammered.

Tyler was my first and only boyfriend. We were high school sweethearts.

"Hi I'm Tyler. Tyler Thomas," said the cute boy from my Algebra 2 class. I had had a crush on him for almost a month now and the fact that he was introducing himself to me made butterflies swarm my stomach.

"Is your middle name Nicholas?" I asked with a smirk.

"No it's James... why?" he asked confused.

Great, I've made a fool of myself in front of the boy I find completely and totally hot. I felt my cheeks go red and answered, "... uh because... you know then your initials would be T.N.T..."

Tyler looked down with a chuckle. "Oh I get it. Um but I was coming over here to see if you wanted to hang out tomorrow. We could go to a movie or something," he asked sweetly.

As to not seem desperate I turned toward my locker and grabbed the last of my books I would need for homework. Locking my locker I thought for a second as if I had a busy schedule. "Sure, that sounds like fun," I acted like I finally came up with a decision. I can't believe Tyler Thomas, the cutest boy in school, asked me out. Me!

I smiled inwardly at the memories that flooded my mind like a tidal wave. Tyler was so sweet in high school.

After high school we both went to the Community College in our hometown in California. But then Tyler dropped out, or more like got kicked out. Too much partying. He took it as his chance to party more. I guess I should have seen this all coming.

I was pulled from the memories and the flashbacks when Tyler's grip on me tightened. I winced because where he grabbed me earlier was now bruised. I turned to Tyler who was fast asleep and sighed quietly. I tried to escape Tyler's vice grip on me but even in his sleep he knew how to keep me put. I turned to the clock and saw that it was a little after 4 in the morning. I have school in the morning and I usually get up to start getting ready at about 5. That means I have an hour before I can get away from Tyler. An hour to myself. An hour to think.

Just leave the bastard my subconscious screamed. If only it was that easy. I've tried leaving him but he always ends up finding me and beating the shit out of me because I left. Its easier to just stay and deal with it. I knew he wasn't supposed to treat me this way but i was used to it since this is how I remember my mom and dad acting. Even though... that's been a while too. My dad left when I was 7 and my mom never dated or remarried. That was 12 years ago.

"Shut the fuck up bitch!" my dad yelled as his hand came into contact with my moms cheek. It was the first time he had ever hit my mom.

"Please don't curse in front of Rachel," my mom pleaded.

I hovered in the corner and watched as my dads fist swung back and attached itself to my moms belly with a thwack. "I'll say whatever the fuck I want in front of whoever the fuck I want," my dad yelled.

I covered my mouth and silently cried out as the first tear, I had ever seen my mom shed, fell down her cheek.

"Go to your room honey," my mom said lovingly.