Hold Me

"B, are you okay?" He asked his best friend as he climbed up the tree house.

She nodded, wiping at her eyes. "I'm fine."

He sat down beside her, "That's what everyone says. B, I can tell when you're not fine. Please just tell me what happened?"

"He broke up with me." She buried her head in her knees.

"Peyton?" She nodded. "Don't worry B..I'm gonna sick him." He started getting up.

"No, don't. I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Are you sure? Cause I just did like 50 pushups this morning." She let out a soft but hollow laugh.

"I'm sure Brads."

"Okay, if that's what you want." She nodded.

She lifted her head up. "I thought for one second, that he might've loved me. I think I loved him. Why did this happen? There was no build up. It just..Happened."

"Sometimes things just don't go how you want them to. And that's okay. If it wasn't meant to be, who cares? Whoever is meant to be with you is so incredibly lucky. You know, Peyton gave up an amazing girl, who I know won't let this breakup be her downfall."

"Thanks Brads, I really needed that."

"Anytime B."

"Did you really mean the stuff you said?"

"Of course."

"That's very sweet of you."

He chuckled lightly, "Thanks."

"You know something? When we were dating, he seemed happy. Why did he break up with me? Why?"

"Only he knows B, but I know that whatever that reason was, its not good enough. Not good enough at all."

"You're really good at this."

"At what?"

"Comforting me."

"Thanks B, I do try." She laughed, another hollow but meaningful laugh.

"Anything else you need me to do?"

"Hold me."

"What?"

"Your hugs are the best, and I really need one right now."

"Okay." He wrapped his arms around her, she smiled, a weak one, but it was there.

"Thank you."

"Anytime B, I lov--you're my best friend."

"I love you too, best friend." He grinned. In his heart, he knew he loved her, more than as a best friend. But he also knew, she wasn't ready again yet. "When will I be ready again?" He was taken back, surprised. It was as if she had heard his thoughts.

"I don't know B, but you will be, one day." And I'll be here waiting for you, because I love you.

"I want to stay like this forever, in your arms, you holding me." He smiled again and this time gently pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder, and smiled another weak smile. He grinned and leaned his head on hers.

"I do too."