Chapter one

I would be lying if I said watching someone sneak into my english lit. class was fun. Actually, it was quite the opposite. Because the last time I saw Julio Hernandez, he wasn't sneaking into college.         

He was sweeping me off my feet.                               

  Not that he got far. You see, there's one little fact I follow that keeps boys like him away from my life for good: I don't believe in love. I guess over the years me and it has had some pretty tough times.   

Either it be from heartache to break ups, to boys cheating on me or them taking my trust, it just never worked out. I learned a long time ago to let the whole 'love and let live' thing fly out the window.

I was never one to fall head over heels for someone and if I did, it always ended in my heart being broken. That's not saying much though. I have been in and out of love so many time I can write a book on the subject.       

It's something I have come to live with and no matter how many times in the past I was willing to give love and the bastards who stole my heart a second chance, it always ended in me getting hurt.  

Broken.  

  Because that's what heartbreak is. It's when you give someone your heart and instead of caring and loving it like they are supposed to, they shatter it into a million devastatingly painful pieces. It rips you from the inside out.  

   That heat break becomes a breathing, living reminder of what truly loving another person can bring. That heartbreak becomes a part of you. Then, sooner or later, it becomes you.                                    

So yeah, I'm bitter. More than bitter. The one and only time I ever saw Romeo and Juliet was in tenth grade and I ended up throwing my book at a kid when he said it was the best love story ever. He hated me ever since, claiming I knew nothing about love and I was going to die alone.

Please.

If that was the best love story ever written they should take a look at my life. I could out beat those two so called love birds anytime. Hear that Shakespeare?

Bring it.

I don't sit at home like I use too and think about guy's, wondering which one will be my prince charming. Truth is prince charming died along time ago when love decided to be the one thing my heart just couldn't hold up too.

Hey, I'm pretty enough. With my brown hair and brown eyes, I consider myself average, but that doesn't mean boy's approach me.  

Over the years I have gotten the reputation for being the girl who would rip your dick off for just looking at her. I'm the girl who will look the other way the minute you try to give me a compliment. I don't need you to tell me sweet little nothings to persuade me otherwise.

I guess when your heart gets broken so many times from the other sex, you learn to never trust them again. You learn to stop wondering about things that are never going to happen. You stop hoping for the impossible. You stop being the hopeless.

I don't need someone by me to know who I am and honestly, girls who find love are just pathetic. Well some are. It all depends if you find the right kind of love. The right person to spend your happily ever after with.

I mean why would a girl ever become dependent on someone else? I would love to tell them to grow up and learn to become a person. I would love to tell them that they don't need love to find themselves.

But when the media sells us the idea that everyone needs love, people are willing to find it anywhere with anyone. Even if it is the wrong kind of love.