Chapter eighteen

Guys, I have been on a roll lately!

I was reading a book ( One for the Money, if you care ) and in the middle of the scene were things get good, my plans for the plot finally clicked.

When this happens, I know where my story is going and how it is going to end. Which means my uploads will go ALOT faster and this story will be finished. There's still awhile and a lot more to go, but let me tell you, there's one chapter I am excited to write.

Spoiler? It involves a kitchen.

A hot and steamy kitchen (;

Anyways, this is is!

Enjoy! (:

- Nickymb <3

 BTW : Somebody awhile ago asked me to put a picture up on what I thought Julio looked like. The guy on the right is who I choosed so as my character, so yeah (:

There you have it!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

( JULIO POV )

“Why don’t you just fuck her?”

I take a sip from the half empty beer in my shaking hand and let it roll down my throat. Almost instantly, it joins my stomach creating a little more buzz to the already fucked up state i’m in.

 I watch as Aiden frowns, turning the beer in his hand around yet again. I knew that look well enough and to be damn honest, I wasn’t in the mood to give Aiden love advice.

Hell, I wasn’t even in the right mind set to give him any advice.

Right now I was just drowning my thoughts in booze and liquor. Anything to get my mind of Kelsey, the little Siren that keeps popping into my already damaged mind. Aiden should join the club. Thinking about feelings were too much for a guy like me.

Hell, one more drink won’t hurt.

Finishing off my beer and setting it on the floor, I reach for another one. When I pop the tap, Aiden graces me with his Mia problems. Seriously, the man should just do her already. Ease off the stress and maybe they both will be happy.

But what do I know about relationships?

 “I know something is wrong. She won’t even look at me without a frown showing up on her face.”

Wait, what? Oh yeah, Mia and her lips.

 Which brings me back to Kelsey and her Goddess like lips. I loved the way that when I got closed to her, teasing her every move, her lips would come out the smallest bit, as if she needed that extra push to bring in air.

It drove me fucking insane.

This is why I shouldn’t drink and talk about Aidens damn problems. Every time he mentions a body part it will generate images of Kelsey that I wasn’t ready to think about.

I look at the beer in my hand and narrow my eyes. Hell, isn’t alcohol supposed to keep you from thinking about these things?! If beer couldn’t help my problems, what the hell would?

Sighing, I set my beer on Aidens table and lean back in my chair. I start to close my eyes, hoping a little bit of sanity will occur once I sleep, when Aiden kicks my chair, jolting me back to hell.

“ Are you drunk?!” He shakes his head and squeezes the bridge of his nose with his thumb and pointer. I narrow my eyes and rub the side of my head with my hand.

“Why the hell do you care? All you talk about is Mia and her feelings. Fuck, dude, did you ever for a minute wonder if she found out about the money? Chicks are deep about that shit.”

I start to rub circles into my temple, trying to fight the headache that was coming on. Apparently I wasn’t drunk enough if I was able to actually feel the thing.

 I look at the beer yet again and wonder if I should finish it off.

I got to reach for it when Aiden bangs his fist on the table, making the can jump a little in the air and turn on it’s side.

I jump out of my seat fast, swaying on my feet a little, as I watch the liquid spread over the edge of the table and land on the floor.

To hell with that then.

Sighing, I walk over and get the first dish towel I see. I bend down and start to wipe up Aidens mess and wonder what the the fucker was going to do for me in return of cleaning his floor.

“Why the hell didn’t I think of that?!” I continue to wipe the mess and when I’m sure I got every last drop, I stand up and sling the pink thing into the sink.

 Obviously Mia was the one who put this whole place together. If it was up to Aiden, there would only be a couch, a t.v, and a six pack.

I lean against the wall and bring my head back as Aiden scrubs his hands through his hair. ” I knew playing with her brother was a stupid idea. I told him to not say anything.”

“Want to beat his ass?” I venture, closing my eyes. I hear Aidens seat scrap across the floor with the force of him getting up.

“ Mia would kill me. Then you.Then me again.”  I shrug. I’ve heard it all before. Aiden lets out his breath in one big swoosh and when I open my eyes, I see him leaning against the sink, his shoulders slumped in defeat.

“You wanna know what the money is for?”

Not really. “Sure.”

When Aiden first told me he won the money, I was in a state of disbelief. When it came to gambling, Aiden sucked ass. Whenever we use to go out and bet money before his relationship, I pretty much had to string him along.

I guess he picked up a few things.

Aiden pushes off the sink and walks to the other side of the counters. I watch with mild interest as he pulls open a drawer and starts to take out all the utensils. When he gets them all on the counter, he grunts as he takes out the bottom wood.

Before I can even ask what the hell he was doing, he pulls out a little black box and I tense.

The last time I saw one of those boxes I was ten and my father brought my mother to a restaurant. He got on one knee, in front of the whole customers and staff, and asked my mother to marry him.

Now, looking at Aiden rubbing his fingers over the top, I sober up.

“Don’t tell me that is what I think it is.”

He continues to look at the box as he answers me.

“I know you don’t understand,” He looks up from the box, sighing. “My whole life I have waited for that one girl too bring my life a meaning and when Mia ended up being that girl, I swear everything made since. I know she’s not going to leave me and I don’t plan on letting her go anytime soon, but I want her to know how much she means to me. I want to officially make her mine.“

“You have to give her a ring to prove that?!”

My best friend was officially going crazy.

He shakes his head as he sets the ring on the counter. “ I knew you wouldn’t get it.”

No I didn’t. Her and him have only been together for almost two years and he was ready to commit his entire life to one person? One person he would have to be there for for always? The one person who he would have to put his whole life on a line for?

Looking at him, watching the way he keeps looking at the box as if it will be the one thing to ruin his whole life, I understood a little.

Yeah, I still thought he was loco, but man did I know the feeling.

One thing Aiden didn’t know was I knew what he was saying. It has only been maybe a month now and I felt like Kelsey was the only girl I ever wanted to be around.

The girl ran through my mind more than I would have liked and if a guy even touched her in a way that meant more than friends, I wanted to shove my fist down his throat and make him walk around deformed for a week.

Not once has a girl ever been able to dish what I was able to serve and that night in the parking lot, when her hands lightly wrapped around my neck and she brought me closer, her sent stirring something wild in me, I knew I was a done man.

She was like that little piece of heaven among my hell.

But did it matter what I felt? Did it matter I was willing to put everything I had on the line for a girl I only knew this long? I didn't love her, but I cared.

I cared more than I was willing to admit and that scared the fuck out of me.

Why would she go for someone like me? My dad was a fucking drug dealer and if my fathers little minions kept threatening my family, I might become one too.

I was a deadbeat loser who could never give the girl what she wanted. Where she deserved flowers and love, I could only give her a one night stand and a place to stay for the night.

See? I was losing my fucking mind.

It wasn’t healthy.

The sound of something slamming outside brings me out of my thoughts. I look over at Aiden, ready for him to explain whatever the hell that was, when I see his face pale. This couldn’t be good.

Though, with one word, even I start to freak.

“Mia.” He says in a whisper and I kick off the wall before he can even finish her name.

 “Shit!” I say, racing to the counter and pulling open the drawer. I start to shove in the forks and spoons, not thinking, when they all fall to the floor.

“What the fuck Julio?! She’ll be here any minute?!” He drops to the ground, scooping up the silverware I dropped as if it was the last meal on earth  and I join him, giving him the worst look I could give a fucking person.

“You just had to play Prince charming, didn’t you?!”

 Aiden reaches for the box and slides it under a piece of metal and hurry’s to put the wood in place, the whole time his hands full.

“Holy Damn, let me do it! You have grandmother fingers.” I snatch the wood from him and I start to put it in the drawer when I hear the front door open on the other side of the wall.

I curse, trying to get the wood to go straight, when Aiden throws one hand in the air in defeat.

“We are fucked dude! I swear to God, if something goes down, you are going right along with me.”

 Realizing Mia would be here any minute and knowing that this piece of wood just wasn't going to be straight in time to put the forks and spoons in, I come up with another plan.

“Does Mia cook?” I ask and when I see his lips start to form the word no, I grab his shit and skid to the oven.

 Aiden catches onto what I am doing and he quickly goes to the counter and closes the drawer, empty and with a crooked piece of wood hanging.

I pull the oven door open and throw the stuff in, not even caring to make it right. Aiden hurries to sit back at the table and right when I get the oven door closed, Mia walks around the wall, a college book in her hand.

She stops when she sees me leaning against the stove and then she looks at Aiden. He sends her a nervous smile, his foot moving rapidly on the floor, and I just know when Mia looks at me again, a slight rise in her eyebrow, we were a gooner.

“I don’t know what the two of you are up too,” She says, dropping her college book on the table and shrugging out of her coat. “But I will find out.”

Oh, give it about a week, and you will probably be flaunting the secret on your hand for the rest of your life.

But, instead of saying just that, I give her my girl getting smile.

   “I was just asking Aiden if he wanted to go to the bar tomorrow night. Nothing out of the ordinary.” Did I sound guilty? I swear to God I was gonna fucking kill Aiden after this.

I watch as Mia pushes her hair into a bun and looks at Aiden. “ Actually, I was wondering if us three could go to dinner. I heard there was this new place not too far away and I heard it was really good.”

The idea of me sitting at a restaurant with Mia and Aiden, watching them two make eyes at each other, made me want to actually go ahead and let Mia send me to my grave.

I open my mouth, to say no, when Aiden shoots me a look and reaches for Mia’s hand.

When he pulls her into his lap, he whispers in her ear. When she blushes and then turns to me and smiles, I know whatever Aiden said wasn’t going to be on my to do list. 

Bringing up my hand, I stop Mia before she can say anything and give in.

“Fine, I’ll go for an hour. But if they don’t have the best fucking food I’ve ever had in my life, I’m out.”

 Mia nods her head fast and I start to kick off the stove, getting ready to go, when Mia looks to the floor and raises an eyebrow.

“Why is there spoons on the ground.”

 Aiden freezes and I look down and see three spoons laying on the ground. Thinking on my feet, I lean over and scoop up the spoons, turning toward Mia.

“So did you hear the one about the Mexican who could juggle spoons?”

“No.”

I bring the spoons in my hand and send Aiden a look plainly saying he owed me big fucking time.

“Yeah, well you’re about to find out.”

And with embarrassment starting to make it’s way through my veins, I start to juggle the spoons through the air. And lets just say, I shouldn’t juggle.

Period.