Chapter twelve

I am so sorry that it took me so long to upload guy's!

I moved, got sick, didn't have wifi for a few weeks and my laptop broke. So now I am currently using my sisters and trying to give you all updates worth having!

Thank you so much for the paintence and I hope you all enjoy my work! (:

Anyways, this is it!

Enjoy ~

-NickyMb <3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don’t know how I ended up here, standing in front of a sea of moving people, the wind rustling my hair , and my skin smelling like sweet coconut. My hand grips onto an empty clutch, the same one Kayla gave Mia for a date last year.

My breath comes out in fast little wisps and my hair keeps getting caught in my eyelashes.

Standing here, looking out into what is going to be the worst night of my life, you would think I would be nervous. 

The truth was, I was angry. I can’t remember the last time I ever got nervous in front of a guy. Wait, correction, I don’t remember ever getting nervous in front of a guy unless his name started with a J and had an accent the delinquents in Mexico would be proud of.

Behind me, Mia leans against my car and Kayla is across the street, flirting her way into getting free gas.

If she continues on the whole blinking, arm touching, and laughing at everything the guy says route, she has to gas in the bag. Or should I say tank?

I bring the clutch under my arm, letting my armpit hold it up, and I turn in my golden indian sandals that go with my earrings toward my car.

Mia seeing the movement with her hands still crossed over her arms, raises her eyebrows.

“Did you ever hear of women rights?” I ask, the wind picking up. If I wasn’t so pissed off, I would probably be complaining about the cold.

But right now, my adrenaline was running so high I could of climb mount Everest naked and not feel a single thing.

Mia brings her hands to her neatly wrapped bun, which she still had perfectly made from work, and she snaps a hair tie and her hair flows down her shoulders; resting on her work uniform.

The little dating bullies decided to rouse me up out of my studying to send me on my first so called blind date.

I was so busy arguing about how I needed to focus on school, not love, that I didn’t even notice my ponytail and pajamas disappearing in place of some red ruffled dress and pinned back, natural wavy hair.

She smiles at me and I try to glare, I really do, but the wind makes it hard to hold the look for to long. She looks over to see if Kayla was okay, and when she sees her laughing, she looks back to me.

“Of course I heard of women rights. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a guy’s company. Plus, you got yourself into this mess. Do you want me to refresh your memory?” I sigh and tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

No, there was no point in her retelling me the whole thing.

I heard it about five times on the way here and was bound to hear it five times on the way back to my dorm. The wind blows harder and I wonder if this was a sign.

A sign that this whole date was going to be a disaster and someone will end up getting an eyebrow caught on fire. Or something equally horrifying.

Or maybe it was just bad weather.

I was hoping for the prior.

I walk over to Mia and I lean against the car next to her. We stand there, quiet and somber, as I watch people mull into the restaurant in front of me and back out.

The smell of the water and sand fills the air and I turn my head to the right and I can see lake Michigan right there, big and looming.

I sigh and turn my head back toward Mia. “What does he look like?” I asked for details on the way here, but Kayla and her weren’t forthcoming with them. They said the point of a blind date is to go in blind.

I mean, I’m not a girl who is all about the looks. I gave up that notion when every guy I have been with broke my heart. If I ever did get a guy, it would be about the way he treated me. Not how hot his hair looked slicked back.

Mia smiles a little and looks at me. When I just continue to look at her, she laughs and runs her fingers through her dirty blonde hair.