Dumbledore's Army

AN: I'm so sorry for the wait, I've been getting ill for about a month and I ended up having to go to the hospital to get IV antibiotics. That was more than a month ago and I was just barely discharged. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this long awaited chapter regardless. Remember to vote and comment feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred and George say goodbye to us and head down to the quiditch pitch at seven before Ron and Harry. I wish them luck with their 'problem' that they acquired while testing the fever fudge, and Fred sticks his tongue out me. I shrug and turn to find McKenna yawning, and Lani smiling mischievously.

"What are you up to, Lani?" I ask when the twins have left. She giggles, which is very unlike her. I worry about her sudden mood shifts sometimes.

"Let's do something while they're gone." She suggests with a smile.

"Just what do you have in mind?" McKenna asks, her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"I think we should boobytrap the entrance to their dorm while they aren't here to stop us." Lani giggles again as she sees the looks on our faces.

"Are you crazy?" I whisper fiercely at the same time that McKenna cries out "You're a genius!"

"You know that you'd start a pranking war, don't you?" I ask when Lani just laughs.

"Well of course," Lani nods with a grin. "it'll be exciting!"

McKenna throws her arm over her forehead and falls backward onto the couch behind her while dramatically calling out "What have you done to Lani?".

"But you're Head Girl!" I argue.

"All the better." Lani replies.

"Alright," I shrug "if you're sure."

*

"Looks like it's all set up." McKenna says as we back away from the dorm entrance.

"You think it'll all work?" I ask, tilting my head as I watch Lani finishing up the trap.

"Yes." Lani nods confidently while smiling down at our handy work.

"Even the... erm, surprise?" I prod.

"Of course. The boys won't know what hit them." Lani says, attempting to stifle her chuckling. "We'll have to watch our backs now, though."

"I did warn you-" I start, turning to face the circular stairwell.

"Sh!" Lani whispers, covering my mouth with her hand. I push it away in annoyance.

"What?" McKenna asks quietly.

"Someone's coming, let's get out of here." Lani says, grabbing us both by the arms and dragging us down the boys stairs and behind the door to the girl's dorm just as the portrait swings aside to reveal the twins and Harry and Ron, soaking wet and looking extremely annoyed.

"How could you tell that they were coming? They weren't even in the common room yet." I ask in a whisper as McKenna struggles not to laugh at the appearance of the boys.