Chapter 33- Affection

Phoenix wrapped his arms around me and I could smell the cologne on his skin. Putting my hand on his chest, I could feel the way his heart beat against his rib cage. His arms were warm and safe around me. I could stay like this forever, with his slow breaths against my cheek and his hands running through my hair.

I lay there on top of him. The warmth of my body caressing his soft skin. We could have lay there for hours, my legs bent and separated over his, my knees pressed tight into his hips and my arms wrapped gently around his neck.
I could feel his chest expand and contract on top of mine as I breathed warm air that tickled the side of his neck. He tightened his grasp around her waist as he turned slightly and looked at the clock.

"Shit," he cursed softly as he read the clock. "We need to get going or we're going to miss Enzo's game."

I groaned not wanting to move, "can we not just stay like this forever?"

Phoenix chuckled and rubbed my cheek with his thumb, then he kissed me. It was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. It was right, and somehow, among all of the dizziness and the clinging to him like a life line, something inside me changed, never to be reversed. This new feeling could be dwelled upon later, because, for now, I was content to feel his breath come and go with mine.

"We have all the time in the world baby face...besides today," he laughed and began buttoning up his shirt.

"Baby face?" My eyebrows raised upwards, the glint in his eye appeared as looked down at me.

A mischievous smirk formed on his face, "baby face." He nodded, "because I like to squeeze your cheeks." Phoenix paused for a second as he slid his hand underneath the sheets and squeezed my bum, "and to clarify I mean those cheeks."

I rolled my eyes as I swatted his hand away, "you're a child Phoenix." I giggled as he pulled his tongue out.

Looking up at the ceiling I realised I really didn't want to move, my bed was just too comfy.

Phoenix was watching me for a few seconds before he chuckled and shook his head, "get your lazy ass up." He scooped me up from the warmth and comfort of the sheets and placed me gently down.

My bottom lip stuck out, he flicked it and laughed as he relished in his victory. With a reluctant sigh, I dragged myself towards the wardrobe.

///

Cold licked at my face and crept under my clothes, spreading across my skin like the lacy tide on a frigid winter beach. With purple lips tinged with blue and gently chattering teeth I wrapped my thin coat around me tighter.

"How long do football matches normally last?" I asked, watching the guys out on the frosty field warm up.

"Ninety minutes," Sebastian replied as he shoved his grey hands into the pocket of his coat.

Phoenix arrived back with three cups of hot chocolate, he past one to each of us and looked out at the players.

"Did you know, the maximum number of goals scored by one player in a single football match was sixteen. It was scored by Stephan Stanis playing for Racing Club de Lens in December 1942."

Sebastian blinked a few times before rubbing his jaw, "you're a strange human Phoenix." I bit my lip trying to hold back the laughter, but failed miserably when a giggle splurged out.

"Ha ha," Phoenix muttered. Our attention was averted when the sound of a whistle screeched throughout the field.

The roar of the crowd is better than any drug to Enzo, I could tell from the smile that was plastered over his face.

They'd decided to play a shirts and skins football game with the guys from the other team. Even though it was past freezing the players were all for taking their shirts off, any excuse to get their abs out.

A sheen of sweat covered the players backs the first few minutes of hard play, glistening in the afternoon sun. The way it highlights the contour of muscle reminds me of what a powerhouse Enzo is.

He's been exhaustively trained to perform at his peak physically and mentally, it shows. In fact, all the guys on Enzo's team were good but for some reason he was still better.

Enzo dribbled the white ball through the opposing players legs, he looked directly at me, maintaining eye contact with me momentarily. I could read his lips, "for our baby."

When Enzo booted the ball into the next the crowd exploded with cheers.

• Ten points to gryffindor!!! •