Chapter 9- Bacon

- new chapters soon -

As I turned the stove on I watched as the bacon began to fry. Each crackle and sizzle making my belly gurgle.

My stomach growled and I squirmed to try and silence the rumbling. I glanced at the timer; there were only two more minutes until they were cooked. I was salivating at the thought of it. Impatiently, I tapped my fingers against the counter as my eyes continued to stare at the timer. One minute left now.

When the alarm bleared to signal the bacon was ready it sounded like music to my ears. I jumped quickly and shovelled them onto my pieces of bread.

The bacon broke over my tongue, perfectly crisp, perfectly salty. The flavour was like a bomb in my mouth, exploding in all the right ways. It was the way I started Saturdays, a sort of edible party to begin the weekend.

"Yummy," Enzo appeared automatically as the smell of bacon filled the apartment. "Love a bit of meat!" he emphasised the last word as he took a big juicy bite of bacon, I rolled my eyes.

"Gross!" I wrinkled my nose as I witnessed a slow smirk grow across his insanely attractive face. He pulled the chair closest to me and slouched in it as he dug into his breakfast.

A few seconds later Phoenix and Sebastian strolled into the kitchen. Phoenix noticed the bacon and felt his mouth water, "Did you know choline, a micronutrient found in pork products like bacon, could actually boost the intelligence of an unborn child." He smiled impressed with himself.

Enzo pulled an unamused face. "Did you know that no one cares." He muttered sarcastically mocking Phoenix, I made sure to give him a big kick underneath the table. "Fuck! Ouch watch it princess!" He growled before continuing to shovel food down his trap.

"I guess your mama ate a lot of bacon while she was pregnant with you Phoenix." Sebastian grinned as a chuckle escaped from his lips, I couldn't help but giggle as well. But Enzo maintained his deathly glares that were aimed at me, I smiled at him which only made him curse more profanities underneath his breath.

"Ha ha," Phoenix screwed his face into a grimace that reminded me of my neighbour's pug back home in America.

The apartment fell silence for a few minutes, only the sounds of cutlery scraping against plates and the chewing of food was to be heard.

Enzo was the first to break the silence. He dampened his lips slightly with his tongue before tilting his head on an angle and rubbed his stomach, he groaned before belching loudly.

"Enzo!" I shriek with revolt. In his arrogant triumph, he smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. It was so subtle, it was even more infuriating for me who caught a glimpse of it after making the foolish mistake of looking at him. 

Phoenix scoffed noisily, "you call that a burp?" He raised an eyebrow and curled his lip as he stared at the ceiling in concentration. After a few seconds of building it up he released an enormous burp. Why did guys always feel the need to one up each other?

I pinched my nose, "Phoenix that's disgusting!" I wafted away the air around my food trying to protect it from the rotten oxygen. Did they not have manners?

"Don't be a prude," Sebastian insisted as he smashed his elbows onto the table in assist to release a monstrous burp. I covered my face as I shook my head slightly, holding my head in my hands.

"Wow awesome!" The boys clapped, patting each other on the backs as though they were proud of their bodily functions.

I rolled my eyes once more, at this rate my eyes were going to pop out. "You guys are so immature." I commented as I took a big gulp of my water.

"It's just a bit of fun princess you should look up the meaning of the word or at least pull that stick out of that perky little butt of yours." Enzo smirked mischievously with a frisky glint in his ocean blue eyes.

It had been too dark to get a good look at his eyes before, but his eyes were seriously blue. Almost sickeningly blue - full on Prince Charming, field of cornflower, perfect, cloudless sky blue. Someone should name a crayon after Enzo. He was definitely easy on the eyes but his narcissistic remarks made it nearly impossible to take him seriously.

"I do not have a stick up my bum and don't call me princess," I felt a throbbing vain in my neck as my annoyance grew with his every word.

"Really? What's the meaning of fun then?" Sebastian asked trying to wind me up more than I already was, it was working.

I began to move my mouth but before I had the chance to retaliate Phoenix butted in with his savvy wit and remarks that made me want to slap him across his handsome face.

"Fun the noun means enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure." He confirmed, giving me a cheeky grin.

"Oh, shut up Albert Einstein!" I snapped at him which made him laugh even more. Phoenix shrugged smugly and threw his head backwards with laughter.

"Talking about fun we should do something fun today," Sebastian suggests in between bites of his bacon sandwich.

"Foursome?" Enzo winks, when everyone gives him a blank look he frowns,  "that's a bucket load of fun very fun in fact." He lets out a wicked laugh remembering his experience.

"Enough," Phoenix rubs his temple. "How about we go to the beach? It's twenty four degrees today which is strange for England weather." He suggested.

Everyone looks around the table exchanging nods and satisfied "mhm's". Phoenix smiled, "let's get our beach on beaches!" He whistles and we all erupt with cheers like a crowd of hooligans. 

• What do you call a bacon wrapped dinosaur?
Jurrasic Pork •