Chapter 24

That night, Turtle sat on her bed and stared out the window. She could see a flicker of orange light where her brothers were meditating around a fire. She hoped they will have the same experience that she did... this gave Turtle time to think. She rubbed a spot on her chest with a very worried expression. You see, Turtle had a secret that she's been keeping from her father and brothers for about a year now. Am I going to reveal Turtle's secret? Hahaha no. Sorry, I wouldn't want to invade her privacy.

"Turtle?"

She turned around to see April walking u to her and sitting on the bed.

"Yea?"

"It's awful late.. Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Can't sleep. Lots on my mind April."

"Like?" She pushed Turtle down a little and pulled the cover over her.

"I know that were going to have to fight soon. And it's going to be very difficult. We may die..."

"Turtle...don't think that.."

"I can't help it April...so much has changed..." Turtle rubbed her chest.

"What's wrong with your chest?"

Turtle hesitated...then lowered her shirt collar to reveal something to April that makes her gasp.

"Oh! I see..."

"Don't tell them..."

"...alright... I wont."

That night, April stayed up to make sure Turtle slept peacefully. She had a feeling that it would be her last peaceful night in a long time.

The next morning, April, Casey, and Turtle all sat on the porch swing together.

"When do you think they will be back?"

"Dunno." Casey said. "Hopefully not too soon." He said as he leaned over to kiss April.

"GROSS!" Turtle said covering her face. "IT'S POISON TO MY EYES!"

This made Casey and April laugh.

"Ahem!"

They turned and look to see the four turtles standing in front of them.

"Big brothers.." Turtle said.

"It's time." Leo said. "It's time to go back."