Chapter 10

Turtle was alone in the lair with Splinter. The boys had gone up to the surface world to bring back dinner (Pizza no doubt. Hopefully with mushrooms *drool*).

The layer was very quiet without them. Splinter was meditating, so it was best not to disturb him.

Turtle walked up to the nearest mirror to look at herself. She grinned. She now had a weapon and a mask just like her brothers. She was going to practice with it, when she heard some familiar shouts of laughter coming from the tunnels.

"Sound's like dinner's here dad!"

"I could hear them four blocks away"

Turtle turned to him and grinned.

"You could not!"

Splinter chuckled.

The boys busted through the door louder than...or rather as loud as, three teenagers coming home for dinner.

Why do I say three?

Because Raph didn't bust through the door like the others. He quietly trudged behind, not saying a word.

This was the first thing Turtle noticed. But before she could go up to him, Mike picked her up and held her in the air.

"Turtle, you'll never believe it!"

Turtle laughed. "I don't believe it!"

Mike put her down. "Remember that red-head from the news?"

"April O'Neal?"

"Yea! She got mugged today!"

Turtle made a mock horror face. "In New York? Say it ain't so Mikey! That'd never happen in New York...not."

That earned Turtle a glare and rib-poke from Mike.

"Alright smart-butt, long story short we totally saved her life!"

Turtle smiled. "Did she give you a kiss?"

"Um..."

"No." Don said. "Stick to the shadows, remember?"

"Riight right." With that, Turtle went up to Raphael..."Raph?"

Raph didn't answer.

"What ails you my son?" Splinter asked, concerned for Raphael.

Suddenly, Raph slammed his fist against the wall. "I lost a sai!"

"Then, it is gone."

"But I can get it back!"

"Raphael! Listen to me. Some things we can not get back. You will just have to deal with it."

Raph hit the wall again with a cry of anger and frustration!

He heard a small whimper behind him and turned around. He saw Turtle with tears in her eyes and a frightened expression. She hated when Raph got mad, sometimes he would become very violent. Feeling like a heel, Raph turned around and grabbed his trench coat and hat.

"Where are you going?" Don asked.

"Out to a movie. Is that ok with you?"

Don and the other brothers nodded, and Raph left.

"Raph.." Turtle tried to follow, but she was gently held back by two hands on her shoulders. She looked up and saw that it was Leo.

"Hey hey, he'll be back. He just has to blow off steam."

"He always has to blow off steam."

Turtle sat down at the dinner table and noticed for the first time, the choice of pizza they brought home. It was her favorite. Pepperoni and mushroom! She smiled and took a slice, and then took a big bite.

She felt better.

But wish Raph was there to enjoy it too.