Chapter 13

Turtle gasped for air and opened her eyes. She breathed heavily for a few moments. She felt sluggish...her lungs felt horrible.

Calm down Turtle, she thought to herself. She looked around and examined her surroundings.

Ok, for starters, she was tied up by the wrists to a pipe using nothing more than a mere cloth.

Secondly, she was in a strange and unfamiliar place.

And Thirdly, Splinter was chained to a fence right next to her!

"Father!"

"Shhh. Good to see you're finally awake child."

"Father, where are we?" Turtle whispered.

"I know not where, but I can tell you by whom we were kidnapped. I recognize the symbol.."

Turtle looked up to the wall where splinter was looking, to see a black flag with a red symbol on it. She considered it to be flame shaped. She looked back at Splinter.

"Who.."

"We have been taken by the Shredder, and his clan of ninja known as the Foot."

Turtle slipped her hands out of the cloth while he was talking and shook her hands to get the blood flowing. She ran up to splinter and started to shake his chains to see if she could break them.

"I-i cant break them, they're too strong!" Her vision blurred as tears formed in her eyes.

"It is ok.."

"Ok? How is this ok?"

"Turtle!"

Turtle was silent and looked up at Splinter.

"Sit down for a moment.."

Turtle wanted to say he was crazy, but she knew better than to disobey her father. So she sat in front of him.

"Breathe."

Turtle breathed in and out until she was calm again.

"Now...my daughter...listen carefully. We have entered the realm of our enemy. And to beat one's enemy, you must know your enemy.. I will will tell you everything I know about the Shredder."

(Splinter flashback scene)

"Long ago, I lived in Japan with Yoshi, my master, caretaker, and to me, father. I was but a small rat then, and I was very happy. I watched him train, and learned the ways of the ninja from him.

We moved to New York City together, where he continued to train, and I continued to learn from him. And I was happy still... but then..

One night, everything changed. The Foot ninja came into our home! My Master Yoshi fought honorably, but the Shredder, their leader, fought dishonorably, and overpowered him...

In an attempt to rescue him, I attacked the Shredder! My efforts were in vain, but I certainly left my mark.

The Shredder then sliced off part of my ear, and threw me out the window! I clung on to the window sill, and watched in horror

as Yoshi was slain..."

Turtle's eyes filled with tears. She felt sad, and angry at this "Shredder". And even though she didn't know him, Yoshi was the father of Splinter, making him her grandfather, family.

"I've told you all I can about the Shredder my daughter. He is dangerous, a dark soul. Though you are a child, he will not hesitate to kill you..."

Turtle looked at the symbol on the flag. She had a new hate for it now...

"However, I have noticed, he has been taking on young children, calling them family, to make them members of the Foot. So I need you to listen carefully. First. Take off your mask..."