Chapter 4

*DISCLAIMER: I do not own the lyrics in this story. These belong to Steven Tyler. The song is called 'Love Lives'.

JARETH'S POINT OF VIEW

Jareth was sitting on his throne, dressed in a white poet shirt and ridiculously tight pants. Tapping his riding crop on the arm of his throne, he conjured up a crystal and smiled wickedly. There she was, his Queen.

Bernadette.

He watched as she plucked a rose, sniffing it as a warm smile spread across her cheeks before being rudely interrupted, "What is the meaning of this?"
"Jareth, why have you forced Bernadette into marriage?! Are you insane? Can't you see she's not happy?"
"That's Lady Bernadette to you." Jareth paused and placed his fingers upon the bridge of his nose before sighing heavily and continuing, "Listen Hogwart-"
"It's Hoggle!"
"Whatever. Bernadette wished herself here, so she must do what is required. She will be the Goblin Queen." Jareth gazed into the crystal, "Besides, she has powers."
"Powers sire?" Hoggle mused, quite unsure about what Jareth would do to manipulate them.
"Indeed, she is a psychic. Therefore, if any danger were to approach the Labyrinth she would be the first to know."

He dropped the crystal, letting it disintegrate in front of him as Hoggle took this as a time to leave. Jareth kicked the nearest goblin, sending it flying after him. He resigned back to his throne and sat in deep thought. 'The High Queen's going to say a few things.' He mused before conjuring another crystal to watch Bernadette again.

NORMAL POINT OF VIEW

After sitting in the rose garden for a couple of hours, I got up, stretched my legs and began making my way back to the castle. A magical aura began to surround me, the sudden urge to play guitar became to great until one landed on the grass in front of me with a gentle thud. I swear, I saw a fairy or three wave at me before I looked down at the instrument. I carried it to my room and sat upon my bed, my fingers plucking the strings daintily as I thought about my stay.

I thought about Jareth, I mean, he isn't too bad. I could tolerate him for a while. As I continued thinking, my heart started beating faster as I realised what was going on. This can't be happening.

I was falling in love.

No way! How do you fall in love? These were the questions I asked as the song slipped out of my mouth:

"I look at you, you look at me, 

I knew it then but you couldn't see it, 

and now you've come around 

I wander away, you stay behind, 

But I got the memories to remind me, of how you used to, 

hold me so tight, be by my side, and make it alright

Love gives, and love takes, yeah it will keep you up in
The middle of night and catch you when you're falling
Love gives, what love makes, if you let it go it'll
Always come back, when it hears you calling, love lives..."

I went to move into the second verse when Lily's sister Lucy entered the room with a fervent grin. Her English was more pronounced and she was Jareth's servant.
"Is that your fae song milady?"
"Fae song?" She nodded.
"I'm a human. I'm sure of it!" I looked in the mirror and ran my hands over my face.
Lucy laughed,
"Lady Bernadette, you don't mean to tell me that you are a mortal from Aboveground?" I hung my head in shame, waiting to be scolded and lectured on how Jareth should be with a fae before answering her question with a question.
"How do you become a fae?"