Chapter 25

"Good to see you lost in it once again."

Natasha was indeed lost amidst the world of MrAdventure's words when Riya's voice reluctantly dragged her out of it. After munching on Riya's letter for breakfast, she had devoured MrAdventure's words for both lunch and dinner. She was sure she would have had them for dessert too it Riya hadn't disturbed her. She felt a bit angry, but then she let it go.

Watching her best friend stand at the door like a stranger, Natasha felt a pang in her heart. She knew she was extremely lucky to have someone like Riya in her life. Such close was their friendship that if she was the heart, then Riya was its beat.

And yet, she had allowed their friendship to drift in a corner of doubts.

Natasha chuckled thinking of how silly she had been in this last couple of days. All Riya had done was hide some minute things from her. Riya may be her best friend, but by no means did that relationship bound her to share each and every thing. Even she had a life to live. And then, who could understand the value of privacy more than Natasha. After all, that was the only thing between her and that online world. That's why, she just didn't understand why her heart was forcing her to make a big fuss about it.

Maybe it was all that time alone in the darkness which had turned her into this devil. Yes, I am a devil. There was no other way to explain her boisterous behavior. That devil in her wished for her to stay alone forever. And that's why, she tried to push away the angel of her life at the first chance she got. She pushed her away so far that the angel had to retort to an informal way of a letter. And if Natasha didn't take control of her heart, the distance between them would just keep on increasing, never to be scared back.

No, the thought shuddered in her mind, I won't allow that to happen.

"I wish to get lost in a hug right now," Natasha said with her arms outstretched and a sheepish grin on her face.

Riya didn't need a second invitation. She rushed into Natasha's open arms and both the girls buried their face in the other's shoulder. Both the shoulders were getting wet, but none of them was going to complain. It's a beautiful feeling when you get to cry on your best friend's shoulder, and when your friend cries with you too, that feeling amplifies a thousand times. What both of them were feeling at that moment was pure bliss.

"I need to tell you something," Riya said pulling out of their hug. One look into Natasha's eyes and she noticed that hint of pain. It didn't feel like an angry pain or that sad kind of pain, it had an entirely different shade about it. It was something like realization. Those were the eyes of the person who had realized her mistake.

Riya's deduction wasn't wrong at all. Natasha had indeed realized her mistake. There was no one in this world who loved her more than this angel sitting in front of her. She was sure there won't be anyone in the future as well. It was just a matter of giving all that love back to her best friend. And that was the path she didn't know how to travel. It was more like she knew how to do it, but she just couldn't find the words to convey those feelings.

But then, words had never been a barrier among friends. That one look in Natasha's eyes told Riya everything. Giving Natasha a knowing nod, Riya once again engulfed her friend in a tight hug, shedding some happy tears.

Natasha soaked in the joy of having someone beside her before coming out of Riya's embrace. "You wanted to say something," she started but trailed off. She quickly realized that she was once again going down the same path. If Riya wanted to tell her something, she would do it by herself. There was no need for a push. And so, she tried to make things right.

"However, it's completely alright if you don't wish to tell," she gave a couple of blink to accompany her words, "I mean to say that just because we're best friends doesn't mean we're not allowed to keep secrets. We women are a really interesting species, you know that? We may have all the world's emotions in our armory but still, secrets will always remain the most dangerous weapons that we can ever posses. And so, it's totally fine if you don't wish to share it with me."