Chapter Nine: Fire Underground

Ben and Sam jog through the forest to look for any sign of Haley and Dean. Unfortunately, they didn't see them at all, it was like they disappeared. It was very awkward for Ben and Sam, and Ben thought of how to break the ice. He was shy, but he needed to fight his fear and man up.

"Why do you think the wendigo killed Roy?" Ben asked Sam nervously.

Sam looked away and stifled a laugh. "Well, it didn't help that he shot it... The wendigo is a very dangerous creature, but I think it was just pissed because of the bullet he shot in his side."

"Yeah that's sounds right," Ben smiled.

They walked for miles to find anything that was unusual, but of course nothing. Ben looked down at the leaf covered ground, that with every step he took sounded like a wet grape being crushed. His determination was fading with every minute that passed by.

What would happen to him if Haley was dead?

He looked back to make sure Sam was close behind, and he was, standing there with a tan notebook in his hands. He thought that Sam was weird and mysterious, but also he could see sorrow deep in his heart. He didn't know how, but he just did. He kind of felt bad for the guy... Ben looked down and saw a bright orange colored pebble. He bent down to get a better look, and realized it wasn't a pebble at all, it was an M&M!

"Of course! Dean was carrying a bag of these earlier!" Ben whispered to himself.

"Hey! Did ya find something?" Sam said.

"Yeah, I think...." he answered.

"Look! It's a trail of them! Dean left a trail of these to help us know where he is!" Sam started getting a smile on his face.

"He's pretty smart!"

"Yeah, he thinks so," Sam glared.

They followed the brightly colored path to an rackety, old, underground, mine.

"Are you sure this is the place?"

Ben was scared, he definitely didn't want to die at age fourteen.

Sam smirked," Yeah, well actually I don't know, but you know we have to check it out..."

They entered the mine, and right away they heard the snarling and growling of the wendigo.

"That totally makes me feel safe! Just you know in a dark, old mine with a lunatic by my side and a rabid animal hunting me down, but you know all good!" Ben flew his hands up in the air, sarcastically.

Sam ignored the comment and kept walking forward with Ben at his side. They took another step and heard a creak, and then all of a sudden the floor caved in. Once the dust settled down and the coughing stopped, they could smell. The room smelled like rotten flesh and there was scattered bones everywhere.

"Oh god this can't be happening! This is it, we're dead!" Ben screamed.

"Shhh, Ben! Be quiet! The wendigo might hear you!" Sam whispered calmly.

"Ok, I know. I'm sorry..."

Coughing started low, but now it was even louder. Ben and Sam hid behind a splintery piece of wood, until they saw Haley and Dean hanging from the ceiling.

"Help us!" Haley and Dean said in unison.

Ben ran to Haley as did Sam to Dean. Dean lifted his head with all his might and said," Couldn't have taken you any longer..." Dean scoffed.

"Yeah, funny Dean. Now let's get you down before the wendigo comes."

Dean was covered in dirt and had little cuts on his face, but slashes down where the stomach was and Sam could only imagine how badly it hurt.

"I'm fine you idiot... Just need to have some down time to think this through..." noticing that Sam was worried about him.

"We don't have any down-" Haley was interrupted and turned away to see Tommy.

Tommy looked like Dean, but worse.

"Tommy? Tommy, are you ok?" Haley squealed.

"Huh? Haley? Ben?"

"Yes it's me, and Ben is here too!"

Tommy became more alert and warned," We have to get out of here!"

"I know, but I'm going to get you down now," Haley whispered.

Haley and Ben got Tommy down and he couldn't walk, so they wrapped his arms over their them. Growling was becoming louder. Dean found their flare guns in a corner and he picked it up and twirled it.

'"Sam! You take the Collins out of here, and I will distract this son of a bitch. Ok?" Dean said.

"Yeah sure," Sam turned to the Collins," Ok? Is that ok?"

They nodded in agreement.

They turned to look at Dean, but he was already going.

"Chum time, you freaky bastard! Yeah, that's right! Bring it on baby, I taste good!" Dean screamed.

Sam rushed out of the room with the Collins and towards the exit. Sam hears growling again," Go over there, I'll shoot it."

Sam leaned against the rocky wall and waited for the wendigo to come. Sam turned again and saw the wendigo in front of him. It roared at him, it's teeth were all rotten. Sam ducked down and shot at it, but the wendigo also ducked and missed the shot. Sam got up and ran back towards the Collins.

The growling was coming faster to the group because they were surrounded. They came to a dead end. The wendigo were in front of them, Sam held his hands in front of the Collins.

"Hey!"

The wendigo turned around and Dean shot it in the stomach and the wendigo fell to the ground, in aflame.

"Not that bad, huh?" Dean questioned.

They all sighed and chuckled, glad to be alive.

A/N

Ok, so that chapter is when they finally defeat the wendigo. God, that took me a long time... Well, I'm sorry that I haven't been adding more, it's just that it seems like people don't care anymore that's why... But Ill keep publishing. Oh yeah I  put a video up for you! So type it in the URL box and bam you got it! Thanks guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKCj3MqVI