Chapter Two: Gathering Information

*Blackwater Ridge*

Inside the visitor's center, Sam stands near a map of Blackwater Ridge and says," Well, it is a very private place."

Sam looks at Dean for his opinion, but sees him looking at a picture of a grizzly bear and he smiles.

"Dude, look at the size of this freakin bear!" Dean points at a picture of a bear that was a size of an SUV.

"Dean, we have to pay attention!" Sam said with an annoyed voice.

Then a park ranger comes over and asks them a question.

"You boys aren't planning to go out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?"

"Oh, no sir. We're Enviromental Study Majors from UC Boulder, just working on a paper." Sam lied.

Dean shows a reassuring smile towards the ranger and says," Recycle man!"

The man looks between the two boys and says very calmly," Bull."

"We're friends of Haley Collins, the girl who has been filling out missing person's reports. We heard her brother hasn't been home lately and we were just concerned," Dean told the ranger.

"Tommy Collins filed a backcountry permit and he isn't supposed to be back yet, so don't you be worrying."

"Well, yes we know. It's just that Haley is just nervous, so can we please see the permit to reassure Haley?" Dean asks.

"Fine..." murmered the ranger.

The ranger showed Dean and Sam the permit and he put it back.

"Well thank you for your time, uh," Dean looked down to see his name tag and said," Ranger Wilkinson!"

"Your welcome, I guess," and he just walked away.

Dean and Sam exited the visitor's center and walked to their car. Dean started chuckling while he folded the permit into his leather jacket.

"Are you trying to get a 'hook up'?" Sam looked at Dean.

"What? Why do you say that? I mean I really wouldn't care if this Haley chick did 'hook up' with me, she must be a pistol!" Dean laughs, and winks at Sam.

"Well Dean, we came here to find Dad and now we are going to ask her questions for no reason?!" Sam questioned Dean.

"Ok, there is obviously something going on around here that is weird. We're just going to figure it out, we're going to ask Haley questions while searching for Dad. And since when were you the type of person to shoot first, ask questions later?" Dean said.

Sam looked up at Dean and whispered,"Since now."

A few hours later Dean and Sam arrive at Haley's house and knock at the door. Moments passed and the door opens to a girl with dark, brown hair with light skin.

"Hey ma'am, we're park rangers and we were just wondering what was up about your brother, Tommy Collins," says Sam.

She eyes them suspiciously and looks behind them and sees their car, the Impala. She looks at Dean and says," Is that you're car?"

Dean's eyes looked behind him and turned back to Haley and answered,"Yeah."

She smiled and said," Nice car, come on in."

Dean stepped into the door and thanked her and turned around to Sam and smirked and put a thumbs up.

Sam just went in and rolled his eyes.

Dean and Sam walked inside and shut the door behind them.

"So," Haley says," what do you want to know?"

"Well we were thinking about your missing person's report and we wondered why you're worried about your brother, if he isn't supposed to be back for a while," Dean says.

"Well, Tommy usually checks in with Ben and I everyday from his satellite phone, but he hasn't contacted us in three days."

"Maybe he just forgot to check in..." Dean suggests.

"No, he wouldn't do that because we're a close family, since our parents died," Ben says quickly.

"Well, do you mind if we can see some pictures or videos of Tommy before his disappearance?" Sam asks.

"Sure, I don't care..." Haley said quietly.

Haley walks over to her desk and picks up a black computer and logs in. She shows Dean and Sam the photos and videos that Tommy sent her and Ben. She also showed a video to them that had a very fast shadow whip across the background, that Sam noticed.

"Well Haley, not to worry, we'll go up to Blackwater Ridge to check on Tommy," Dean tells her.

"Oh, I won't worry, I have it all planned out. I already have a guide to lead Ben and I up there." She smiled.

"Ok then. Well, we will just keep researching, ok?" Dean says. He looks over at Sam with a nervous smile.

Sam shrugs.

"Yeah, sure," answers Haley.

"Haley? Could you forward those videos and photos to me?" Sam asked.

"Fine..." she said.

Sam and Dean walk out to the car and Dean smiles.

"What?" Sam asks Dean.

"If she would just loosen up, then she would totally be my type." Dean tells him then he winks at Sam.

They enter the car, and Sam laughs," Yeah she would totally fall for you," he said sarcastically.

Dean just smiled and put one of his cassette tapes in the radio and drove off with the music blaring.

A/N

Hey guys! Well, this chapter was more of Dean and Sam gathering information for the case, hence the chapter title, "Gathering Information!" So, I hope you like the Dean humor I put in here! I LOVE HIM! Ok, done with that! Lol! So, I hope you like this chapter! (NO VIDEO, SORRY!)

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FAN!

READ!

FOLOW!

WATCH!