Fourteen

The Penguins had redemption against the Rangers after they lost at home only two days prior. They won 6-1, fairly easily too. Besides Emerson feeling like she was about to lose it contstantly watching Sid getting reckless with roughing, she was able to stay calm. To her, it was unbelievable getting to 'share' the ice with Lundqvist for the first time. Meeting him later even added the cherry on top.

But right now none of that mattered as she found herself in her best friends arms. Kelsey was gripping onto her harder than she ever remembered them sharing in a hug. They stood outside the lockeroom in a hug, Emerson still in her under armour and some sweats. She had her face resting in her best friends hair that smelled all too familiar to her. The two girls had missed each other greatly and being reunited like this felt good.

"I missed you so much." Kelsey squealed, "you killed it tonight and I'm so proud of you. I never want to let you go now!"

"I wish you could come live with Pete and I in Pittsburgh..." Emerson said sadly, the two girls still weren't letting go of eachother. For years they always had the support of one another and right now it felt like they had been separated without hardly any communication.

"Me too.. but my job here is just amazing.. and it's not like you'd be home much."

They finally let go of eachother. Kelsey smiled sadly down at her best friend, keeping her hands in her own.

"Come in the lockeroom while I get my stuff. Then we can at least walk out together."

"Are you sure I can go in there...?"

"Oh yeah, a few of the guys girlfriends are so it wouldn't be weird."

"Okay that's fine then..." Kelsey sighed, "damn I wish we could get some one on one time so we could catch up properly. I feel like there's so much I don't know."

"Same here! But I swear we'll get some time soon. Maybe during my bye-week or something."

"Oh that'd be amazing! But I'm scared I'd have to fight those dumb Boston boys for yah."

"Eh you'll come first, always." the two girls were grinning by this point, absolute giddiness surrounding them. They were trying not to break out in excitement, jump around and squeal- which would make them seem crazy.

Kelsey linked her arm with Emerson's as they walked into the lockeroom. Kelsey had no idea what to expect and was actually pretty scared. But the environment was definitely a happy one, as the guys were still celebrating the win. She practically thanked god that everyone was dressed and she wouldn't have any encounters with her best friends teammates- most of which were pretty good looking.

All around them were hockey players engaged in conversations. All reporters were gone, and some girlfriend and family members had found their way in. Kelsey had been in her friends lockerooms before, but always with people she knew. She looked at everyone curiously but soon realized they were doing the same. At one point she made eye contact with someone, but broke it embarrassed.

"Hey Ems who's this?"

"Flower this is Kelsey."

"Oh! You've talked about her plenty." Flower gave his rookie's friend a sweet smile and a handshake, "nice to meet you."

"You too Mr. Fleury. Thank you for taking such good care of my girl!"

"Kelsey!!" Emerson felt herself starting to turn red at her friends statement as she gave her a slight push.

Flower though found it endearing as he chuckled, "It's been my pleasure." with that he walked away from the two giggling girls who were now glaring at each other.