Ten

"1st star of the game Ems, go get 'em." Sidney clapped Emerson on the back, smiling wide.

"D-do I just go out I-"

"You know what to do kid!" Hags said with a soft laugh, as both him and Sidney had their moment already.

Emerson was in a shock still from the game that only ended moments ago. They won 5-0 against the San Jose Sharks, and was able to stop every puck her way. She was beyond happy that her first two games had been wins, and to already be one of the stars of the game- especially the first.. was amazing.

She skated out onto the ice under the spotlight for what felt like minutes, but was only seconds. The reaction she got was beyond her. The loud cheers from even the opposing teams fans was truly an honor. Just hearing her name blasting through the loud speaker in such a positive light brought chills down her spine. Tonight would always be a night she'd remember... Emerson had one of the brightest grins on her face as she re-entered the hall to go back to the lockeroom.

"Feels good huh?" Emerson was surprised that Sid waited for her in the hall before heading to go change and deal with media. He had better things to do than this she was sure.

"Amazing I can't even- wow..."

It warmed Sidney's heart to see the young girl so giddy, so happy. He hadn't seen her this lively since after the win at Anaheim. Granted it had only been a few days, but in the last month he knew her this had been a high week for her. The way she attempted to bounce as she walked in skates and full goalie gear was truly endearing. This was the most he had ever heard her talk; Emerson just chatting on about every moment of the game. Sid loved to win more than anyone, but right now seeing her like this felt better.

"You're gonna have plenty more too."

"Oh god I hope Sid! It's so rare as a goalie to get this type of stuff wow... ah is this how it feels!!!" without warning Emerson grabbed onto one of Sid's arms, throwing him off balance slightly, "Oh fuck sorry I'm getting way to excited right now..."

"You're perfectly fine." Sid chuckled seeing how mortified Emerson looked as she realized she laid a hand on her Captain so suddenly.

"I haven't gotten that excited since we won the ncaa championship last year... well maybe wren I officially got signed but I couldn't freak out in a room of old men judging me." Ems shrugged.

Sidney found her last comment to be more than funny. He could only picture Emerson sitting in a room of media people, coaches, Lemieux and other 'business' men getting far too excited, "Well good you kept that inside or else they would have thought you were crazy."

"I mean... if you've seen a few of the fights I've had you'd probably think so."

The Captain was taken aback by her sudden statement, "You've fought before?"

Ems only gave him a wink before shoving the lockeroom doors open and entering. Sidney stood their flabbergasted for a few seconds before coming to his senses and following inside. Everyone in the room cheered as they walked in.

"You fucking killed it Rousseau!"

"Way to go 1st star!"

As Emerson walked over to her place the guys she passed all ruffled her hair or gave her a playful shove. Inside she felt good knowing this was truly her being accepted as a hockey player amongst her older teammates. As a rookie she hoped she was falling into place.

Sidney on the other hand didn't say much as his eyes stayed on Emerson's form as she took off her gear. He couldn't imagine someone of her small stature ever getting into a fight- hell he couldn't picture her getting worked up enough to drop gloves.. as a goalie. Emerson always seemed so calm and laid back, even on the ice she didn't seem to freak out ever.