The No Boys Pact

"Someone please change the station. This song is annoying," Maxine said from the backseat. We had been on the road for two hours and my butt was killing me. If I don't get out of this car soon, I think I might loose the ability to walk.

Rhiannon made no effort to change the radio so I did. I flipped through a few different stations but when I got to a Paramore song Maxine screamed for me to leave it.

"What is this song?" Rhiannon asked.

"That's what you get." Maxine started humming along with it. This was actually a pretty good song. I'd have to put it on my iPod, if I remembered. I didn't realize it but my foot was tapping along with the beat.

"How far are we?" I asked.

Rhiannon glanced down at her phone in her lap. "The GPS on my phone say's about ten minutes."

"Thank God."

"Are you not having fun?" Maxine asked unbuckling her seatbelt and leaning forward.

"No I am, I just can't take sitting in this car."

"Neither can I. I'm pretty sure I left an ass print on the backseat."

We all laughed. It's not that I was having a bad time it's just that I kept thinking about Tristan even though I'm not supposed to. Then when I stopped thinking about him I started thinking about Zane. I kept thinking about the kiss. This weekend is only supposed to be about us girls but so far that was not working out for me.

I leaned my head against the window and watched people outside carrying surfboards. A few were roller skating in their swimming outfits, both guys and girls. Teenage girls walked out of an ice cream shop giggling and laughing not having a care in the world. If only I could be one of them. When did my life get so complicated?

We passed by tons of houses and shops, all filled with careless people. Didn't these people have work or in some cases school? I wonder what it would be like to be human. I can't deny that I've actually wished to be human a few times. Being a werewolf was harder than you would think. A faint buzzing sound pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Someone's phone is ringing," Rhiannon said.

"Not mine," Maxine said waving hers in the air.

"It's not mine," Rhiannon replied grimly. What was with her? She hadn't been in a good mood for the entire two hours. Then immediately I knew why. She was missing Talon.

"It's mine," I said pulling my phone out of my bag.

"Who is it?" Maxine asked trying to peek at the caller ID. Ryan.

Rhiannon pulled the phone out of my hands and hit ignore. "No boys."

"That's right, Lilly. No boys," Maxine said.

"Let's make a pact," Rhiannon stated grimly.

"Ooh. What kind of pact?"

"We're not allowed to think about boys. Get any boy's number. Talk about boys that we've recently dated. No talking about heartbreaks. No talking to boys from back home. Not even texting."

"A no boy's policy...I like that!" Maxine said. "I'm in!"

"Lilly?" Rhiannon asked quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Alright," I said. I didn't really have much of a choice.

"Wait!" Maxine half screamed making both Rhiannon and I jump. "Are we allowed to flirt with them here but not get involved?"

That actually didn't sound like a bad thing. Rhiannon contemplated it for a moment. "Okay. That's fine."

"Our 'No Boys' pact starts now."