Chapter Five: Clean Up! Clean Up! Everybody Do Your Share!

A/N external link is Sawyer's outfit for part of the chapter.

Chapter Five: Clean Up! Clean Up! Everybody Do Your Share!

Sawyer's POV

It's been five hours since I have seen what was going down in the guest room. And right now we are all sitting in the theater watching the Notebook. We are at the part where Noah and Allie are laying in the road for the first time. The girls and I came down stairs after an hour of sulking and the guys agreed to watch some movies. So far we have watched A Walk to Remember and now the Notebook. I guess you could say that we are in the mood for some romance. Especially because my love life is nonexistent. Surprisingly the guys didn't protest against watching chick flicks, which is possibly the first time in forever. The only thing is that I am crammed in between my brother, who fell asleep in the middle of a Walk to Remember and is laying halfway out of seat and half on mine and Hope, who strangles my arm whenever something remotely romantic happens. Like I said, we are watching the Notebook, so I am losing all feeling in my right arm.

Now thinking back to early today, I don't know why I acted like that. I mean it's not like I am his girlfriend anyway. He can screw who ever her likes. Sure it hurt to see him with them but it's not something I can control. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I just overreacted and that it wasn't Charlie's fault that he needed to be "taken care of". I guess that's what guys today are like. But what ever happened to the guys who hold a boom box and blast music at your window or ride around on a lawnmower, like John Cusack in Say Anything or Patrick Dempsey in Can't Buy Me Love. Those are the best romance movie made in forever. As I think more about what I want my love life to be, my eye close and I drift out of consciousness.

"Sawyer honey, time to wake up." A soft voice whispers. It sounds somewhat familiar but I can't pinpoint who it is exactly. "Mom, I think she is still sick. She hasn't been feeling good after our sleepover last night." A boy says, I think it was Jax. "Out cut the bullshit Jaxson, I know there was a party here. The music was so loud that I could hear it from our house. And I know that she is hung over. But nice try. You both are grounded." This makes me chuckle a little, but I suddenly stop because I realize that if my mother knows that I am awake, then she will make me get up, and I don't want to.

"Sawyer, I heard you laugh. Get up! You need to drive Hope to the school so she can get her car and also drive Taylor home." My mother snaps. She is clearly angry so I open my eyes and see that the rest of the kids are sitting up straight and listening to every word that comes out of my mother's mouth.

I guess you could say my mom is the strictest out of her best friends. Jackie, Ethan's mom, is a party-animal like her son. Kelly, is a complete soccer mom, with her five kids, including Liam. Lou Anne, who is the mother of Brendan, is a total push over and when you are at their house you can do anything you want, as long as your GPA remains above a 3.3 or a B+. Isabelle, Chase's mom, is very proper but also knows how to have some fun. She is the mother who gets involved in everything, from a bake sale to organizing a blood drive, which she makes us all participate in.

"And then you will come back here and help you brother and his friends with some house work because you did an awful job of cleaning. Then you will all go to Ethan's home and clean his house, then Liam's then Brendan's and finally our house. Isabelle and I discussed this with Jackie, Lou Anne, Kelly." My mother continues. All six of us let out a big groan.

"Hey! What about Skylar! What is she going to do?" Liam asks, bringing everyone's attention onto my blonde best friend who is curled up in a ball. "There is no way in hell that I am cleaning multiple houses! I can't freaking move without it feeling like someone shot me. I will leave in 5 minutes; I just need to go to the bathroom. " And with that everyone nodded in agreement, realizing today will go a lot slower if Skylar was helping. She then pulls herself off of the chair and makes her way towards the powder room.