Chapter Two: Just My Luck

Chapter Two:Just My Luck

 After two more hours of class, it is finally lunch period and a craving for chicken nuggets is suddenly appearing. I just finish my English class with Mr. Kinder, which consisted of me listening to music while I attempt to improve my lip reading skills. My final conclusion was that I suck at it. Finding the girls in the hallway is easy but getting to the cafeteria was hard because all of the freshman are trying to get in front of us. I feel a twinge of remorse when I budge in front of a group of 'popular' freshman but they are taking too long in the salad line. I have my eyes set on the last portion of chicken nuggets but before they are in my grasp some obnoxious boy takes them. Of course it is Chase. He is looking very smug because he knows that I want them.

"Give me the nuggets!" I snap. This doesn't scare him, it only makes him grip them tighter and start to laugh. "I am not joking Chase. I will not eat the stupid bunny food that the anorexic girls eat and I am not eating the gross ribs you end up getting at least twice a week.

"I will give you the nuggets on two conditions." I glare at him, afraid of what they will be. "The first is that you and you 'gang' will sit and eat lunch with us everyday." I snort as if I am saying that I am totally cool with it. "The second this is that you have to come to my party tonight!" You are fucking kidding me! You are probably thinking don't go to a stupid party for some chicken nuggets but if you have never tried these then you have never live. Normally when you think of public school food you think of mystery meat and other gross things but at our school we have some of the best chefs in the state.

"Come on! That is not fair! You know I will do anything for my nuggets, just don't make me go to the party!" Chase just shakes his head left to right. He is not going to budge. Ok Sawyer, just go grab a piece of pizza and that will be lunch. I try to step around him but he gets in my way every time. Giving up in defeat I huff, "Fine, but I cannot guarantee that I will be there the entire time." Chase is satisfied and hands them over, earning my tongue sticking out at him in the process. Like I predicted he goes to pick up barbeque ribs. People say how good they are but I just can't past the bone.

I go to wait in line to pay. When it is my turn I pull out my money from my green Kate Spade wallet but a familiar blue Coca-cola shirt cuts me off. That asshole! After I pay the Skylar, Hope, Taylor and I walk over to the jocks table, our hips moving from side to side. They are all laughing when we arrive at the table outside. There is a slight breeze but other than that it is hot.

"A-hem!" I say clearing my throat. They stop and look at us. Chase starts to move over to let me sit but I see a seat next to Charlie that is open so I choose that seat while the other girls are squished in between Chase and Jax. I still feel awkward because everything is silent since we sat down so I open my mouth and say, "Chase this party better by worth our time our else you owe me 5 hours of my life."

"Wait I thought we weren't going? Why did we change our minds?" Taylor asks.

"Chase said the only way I could have my chicken nuggets was if we sat with them and go to the party." Then I bite into the warm chicken nuggets. My taste buds start to explode and a moan escapes my lips. Everyone at the table looks at me and I get red. I guess it sounded more sexual then something good tasting.

"I guess that chicken is giving you more pleasure than that kiss you and Charlie shared. I don't remember hearing you moan like that." Liam snorts. Charlie must have just taken a sip of water because it sprays out of his mouth and I start to choke on the half chewed deliciousness.

"I remember that too! Wasn't that your first kiss Sawyer? I remember Chase told you to pick between Truth or Dare, Seven Minutes in Heaven or Spin the bottle. You turned so red when it landed on you too. Do you guys remember how big her crush on Charlie was last year?" Ethan adds. This cannot be happening right now! I immediately shield my face so no one can see the embarrassment that is now being shown on my face.