Chapter Three: Life of the Party

Quick author's note. When the party starts play the  song that is on the side! Anyway Enjoy!

Chapter Three: Life of the Party

As I walk into Chase’s foyer I am greeted with the girls pulling me into the kitchen where the boys had bowls of snack on the granite island. They are crowding around the sink talking in hushed tones. 

“So, what are you talking about?” I blurt out. They turn around and stare before Liam snaps. “None of you business, just go away and I don’t know, go primp yourself up!” What the fuck is their problem? “You don’t have to be rude and no we will get ready later because the party doesn’t even start until 9 and its 6 right know! Don’t make me ask again!” I say as I reach my hand into the potato chip bowl. I grab a handful and shove them in my mouth. Ew they’re salt and vinegar! I spit them out onto a napkin as Jax answers “Well if you need to know, our booze supplier ripped us off and now we have no booze and are $500 in debt. And now we are trying to figure out how to get some more but this is a man’s problem. It doesn’t concern you.”

He did not just play the ‘I am a man and you are a woman’ card on me. “I know where you can get free booze.” Taylor spits out. We all turn and stare. Goody-goody  knows where to get alcohol? Well I guess that she is only good when her drill sergeant of a mother is around. Taylor has never once, at least around us, gotten drunk. All of us thought she never drank any before. How can a Taylor, the girl who was so afraid of failing her English paper be the one to supply our every party needs? I have no clue. I look around the room and realize everyone else is standing there in awe. “I’ll text my sister right now.” Now everything made sense. Taylor had an older sister Amanda who is 23 years old and is, how do you say, a party girl. Mandy and Taylor are the complete opposite but I guess that’s what makes them so close.

 All through Mandy’s teenage years and throughout college she was the life of the party. You would know if the party was good if she was going and if she was not, it was not worth your time. Mandy lost her virginity during freshman year to a junior at a party while Taylor lost her virginity to her (at the time) boyfriend of 2 years. Unfortunately over the summer he moved away to live on The Main Line. Apparently it’s the richest suburbs outside of Philadelphia. If you watch Pretty Little Liars, Rosewood is based on Rosemont. Rosemont is a part of the Main Line.

Taylor and Drew decided that long distance would not work and said that they would get back together when ever they visited each other but when they were not together they could hook up with whoever as long as it was just a hook up and not a serious relationship.]Taylor whips out her iPhone and starts typing furiously. Two minutes later her phone beeps. “Ok Mandy will be here in an hour with the drinks. Is that it? Can we go get ‘primped’?” Chase runs over grabs her face and kisses her cheek. Taylor’s cheeks turned a bright pink.

“Ok! Now that we have that situated. Chase, show us where we can go get ready. Preferably a room with a TV so we can watch it for the remaining time after we get ready.  Come on, we don’t have all day! We need to get ready now!” I snap. Chase grabs my hand and pulls us up the stairs.

“Here use my room. It’s the only room besides my parents’ room that has a connecting bathroom and a TV. Let me just grab clothes and we will get ready for the party in Abby’s room.” Abby is Chase’s 13-year-old sister who has a huge obsession with One Direction. I swear is once saw the girl crying after someone said they needed to shave because they were hairy. 

“Thanks Chase! See you when it starts. Oh, do you need help setting up?” Skylar ponders and she drops her bag onto Chase’s king size bed. I am not putting my bag on that bed. You don’t know how many girls have been in between the King sized sheets. Chase’s room is about the same size as mine. His walls are painted a dark blue/gray and the floors are covered with white carpet. He has a small white desk that is covered with scattered papers. His bed is unmade, like expected. The sheets are a navy blue with a white comforter on top.