1st February 2012

32/365

L.Murphy

Its been nearly a week since my last entry and I can report our search for Keiran and Raya couldn’t have worked out better if we had planned it. Jordan had to get fuel and so when we pulled over at the service station, the girl who stopped at the traffic lights beside us got my attention.

Elise. 

Seven months ago she disappeared. She went out to get some groceries for her Mum and instead left a note on her bed that she had to go. Sure she calls them once a fortnight to check in, but they've never been able to get a trace on her calls. Back then, Jordan phoned me to ask if I had seen her, and as I said, it was our fear that something had happened to her that brought us together. Those first couple of weeks had been, intens and it was Zane who told us she had plans to start a new life. I don’t know why she was even talking to him, but the three of us joining up has actually been great. 

Anyway, seven months later - there she is. I pointed her out to the guys, we followed her to a local university and got the other team we are here with to help us set up surveillance. For the last two days we've been watching her, and tonight we went to go see her.

She has a boyfriend. Human. Just an average kind of guy and already I hate him.

Looks happy though.

CJ suggested we just leave her alone, but Jordan didn’t want to listen. I’m kind of torn between the two. Maybe once she knows her old friends are missing, she might want to help... It's just well, we didn’t really get to go that far before she threw us all out. Breaking in was pretty simple really, and I don’t know why I let Jordan talk me into going in first. I was so fucking nervous about seeing her again. I had hoped that time away from everything would have mellowed her out a little, but I still ended up with a corkscrew and a then a knife to my throat. At least she didn’t actually stab me - this time.

Jordan is going back in the morning, but considering he just went out I’m thinking he has gone back now her "boyfriend" has gone.  CJ is laughing at me now, probably knowing what I'm writing about.

 I hope he chokes on his burrito.