We have a plan

New cover by OfficiallyNeicey. Thanks a lot, love❤❤❤❤

Emma

Lenore and I are sitting on a park bench.

"That's what Dad told me too. He said mom got sick." I tell Lenore, who's shaking her head viciously, as if she doesn't want to believe what she's hearing.

"How is that possible? When she gave us to them, she seemed really fine. I can't believe this." She pauses, and it looks like she's thinking about something. Then she continues, "Wait. Have you ever thought about this? Were we given to our parents out of pity or were we adopted?"

I have thought about this. The newspapers do say I'm 'The Landon's adopted daughter'. But ever since Ruby told me what she did the other day, I started to think about it.

"I have no idea. But if we ask our parents, they'll definitely know something's up. We don't know if they'll approve of us seeing each other yet." I tell her and she nods.

"You're right, Em. We have so many unanswered questions to ask. And the only person who can answer them is our mom. And I personally will choose not to believe that our mother is dead."

"You think our parents are lying?" I ask.

"Correction, they are not our parents. We are not their children. And maybe. They may be lying to us for all we know." She tells me and I flinch.

Lenny has always been blunt with her answers and I see that she still hasn't changed. I conceal my smile. And then, I get an idea.

"Hey! We should hire someone. We both have personal savings, we should hire a private investigator."

She looks at me like I'm crazy. "Are you insane? Two teenage girls hiring a private investigator? How do we even know mom is in town?"

"We have to try, Lenore. We can't waste anymore time with this. We just have to take this chance. Find out if mom is alive, find her and see her again."

She sighs, then nods. "But, how do we find a private investigator?"

I laugh. "You seem to be forgetting that my Dad has many, many connections. I can just sneak into his room and check some files." She's looking at me now as if she has found out that I really am crazy.

"Don't look at me that way. I'll do anything to find out about mom. Anything." I emphasize hardly on the 'anything'.

"Me too. Let's do it. We have to be really subtle, okay?" She says.

"Okay."

**********

Unknown person's POV

"Where is she?!" I yell at my rather stupid personal assistant.

"Well, this isn't easy to say at all, boss." Quincy tells me.

"You won't be able to say anything at all if you do not tell me what I want to know!"

He stiffens. " Okay, okay. She..told me wanted to pee. And I released her, hesitantly, but she..kicked me somewhere. And she got away. I  swear boss, I'll find her."

The one time, the one time I leave her with this goofball, she gets away.

"Oh yes you will. If you don't, you'll be sorry. Find her and bring her here. You better not attract any attention, Quincy! Now get out of here, now!"

He runs off, and I start to pace around the small dark room where we keep, well used to keep, her. For the past 13 years, we've been looking for those damn twins. We still don't know where they are. She won't tell us. We've done everything to try to coax her into telling us where they are, but now we don't know where she is herself.

*********

Twenty minutes later, that idiot comes running in, panting like a fool.

"Well?" I ask, expectant.

"I found out something boss. The twins. They found each other again. I don't know how. I saw them talking in a park. I listened in on their conversation and they're trying to find out about her. They want to find a private investigator to help. That's all I could get boss. But I couldn't find the woman."

They found each other? How? Well, I should be happy. Now that they are together, it'll be easier to finally do what we want. "Forget the woman, Quincy. Since we know where the girls are, we are finally going to get what we want."

"But boss, if we kidnap them, won't the police get involved?"

"Yes, I know, Quincy. That's why we're going to do it as quietly as possible. Go get my phone."

**********

Lenore

Harry and I are watching TV and I've just finished telling him about my plan with Em. We both agreed I could tell Harry. But I think the only reason she agreed is because my brother intrigues her. Gross.

"You guys better do it on the down low. If mom finds, she'll flip. More than she usually does."

"Yes, we know. When we meet on Monday, she'd have hopefully found someone to help us." I tell him and he nods.

He doesn't look happy, but he's still advising me. That's why Harry will always be my brother. Blood or not.

I decide to try something.

"I think my sister has a crush on you." I tease.

He chuckles. "What? She doesn't even know me."

"Yet. You can meet her on Monday. That is, if you want." I smile when I see his cheeks redden. He doesn't have girlfriends because he just doesn't want to. But maybe this might change, even though it'll be totally weird.

"Okay, sure."

I laugh and he pinches me. That makes me laugh harder. What would I ever do without Harry?

***********

A/n: This chapter sucks😭😭

Nobody knows who the unknown person is, so nobody should try guessing. *evil laughs*

This story just took a turn, right?

Anyway, I hope you like it❤❤❤

Comment and vote......please?😊