Happy Week

Emma

Exams are finally over and the graduation ceremony is in two days. Two days! Lenore and I can finally be together in college, without caring about what our parents think. Lenore is as happy as I am, she was literally screaming when she called me with Harry's phone. Everyday, the three of us go to the café to check if mom has eventually shown up there or not. But we made no progress because she was nowhere to be found. It's all been too much for us to bear, so we all agreed to forget about it and enjoy the ceremony on Friday. And we've already gotten our work clothes from Mr. Tony. I will always have this special love for that man, because his shop practically brought my sister and I together. He may not have done it intentionally but it still happened nonetheless. I'd be more than happy to help him and it makes it much more wonderful with the fact that I'm working with my sister.

"I really can't believe you did that!" I exclaim and Lenore and Harry laugh. We're all in the café, eating, while secretly praying that mom might show up. Lenore just told us that last week, she poured coffee all over Madison's hair. Yes, we didn't talk last week because we all wanted to focus a lot on our exams. And we did pretty well. I know Madison. Her father is one of my dad's clients. We've seen each other only twice, and she kept on rubbing her father's success in my face. I really didn't care about it. Money isn't everything. Anyway, she's been giving Lenore a hard time, and I don't like it at all.

"Why didn't you tell me about her before now?" I ask, feeling a bit angry at Madison. She's definitely going to get it from me.

Lenny shrugs. "It didn't seem like that big of a deal, sis. Besides, she and her minions didn't even glance at me yesterday. It's like they were afraid I hid more cups of coffee somewhere. It was hilarious." She laughs again. Lenore has a really loud way of laughing, some people find it irritating, I find it cute. Is that weird?

"Well it's a big deal to me. I'm going to tell Dad about her, hopefully he'll drop her Dad. And then she wouldn't have the audacity to brag to anyone again about her dad's wealth. He's practically living off the money my dad makes. It's so annoying."

Lenore just laughs. "You should have seen your face when you were talking. It's priceless."

I just roll my eyes. Harry's been awfully quiet. I don't know why, but I'm definitely not going to be the one to ask him that.

He's just looking out the window, regularly nodding and laughing at most things we say.

I tap Lenore and talk to her with my eyes. I also look in Harry's direction, so she can have the full idea of what I'm talking about.

She nods. "Harry." She calls.

He turns to her and she doesn't even waste time because she asks him what's wrong with him.

"Nothing. I'm fine, just thinking about things."

"What things?" Lenore asks, oblivious to the fact that he might not want to talk about it. Especially in front of me. I have a feeling he doesn't like me so much, he hardly even talks to me.

I don't know why.

"I don't want to talk about it." He retorts, throwing me a quick glance then looking away.

I think this is my cue. To leave.

"Oh wow, I forgot to call my brother to see if he's alright. I'm such a terrible sister. I'll be right back." I say, smiling at Lenore, and avoiding Harry's eyes. Frankly, I'm a horrible liar. I couldn't even lie to save my life.

I walk into the Ladies room and just look in the mirror. It's hard to know that he doesn't still trust me, maybe he thinks I'm some sort of a liar, I really don't know.

Lenore

"Okay. You obviously didn't want Emma to know why you were quiet. And obviously, she realized and lied, quite terribly I might add, so now you can talk." I put it bluntly for him, because this week is supposed to be our happy week, not our over thinking week.

"Lenny, leave it alone. I really don't want to talk about it." He seems like he's holding back his anger and the last thing I want is for him to be angry.

"Don't you trust Emma? She's a great person and the best sister you could ever want."

Harry looks amused. "You think that's it? That I don't like Emma? I like her, in more ways than one." He says and his eyes widen and his cheeks heat up.

I giggle. "Ooh.. It's about time you admitted that. I always knew, I'm not a dummy." I say and he just chuckles nervously.

When I realize what he's doing, I speak up. "No. Nuh uh, mister, you are not going to change the topic subtly. Tell me what's wrong. You're always there for me, and you never let me into your own life. It's not fair and honestly, I feel selfish. So start talking."

"It's just that.. I'm going to miss you so much. I know it's stupid and I've said it before, but you still have Emma. I'll be alone, I guess. You know I don't really make friends. I have major trust issues and all so it's going to be very hard. I didn't want to say that in front of her, because Emma is really fragile and I don't want her to feel bad." He says and I really just want to cry. He's hurt, yet, he's still being so considerate. I've gotten closer to Harry these past few months, closer than I'd gotten in thirteen years and now he thinks I'm just going to leave him?

"I may be leaving you, but it doesn't mean I'll forget you. I'll call you everyday, see you as much as I can and even name one of my future kids after you." I say and he laughs at the last part.

He nods and sighs, like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders.

"I better go see Em." I say, standing up and he nods again.

Then I wink at him and wiggle my eyebrows, and because he knows exactly what I'm implying, he just rolls his eyes.

*****

A/n: in three weeks, this book has gotten 1.23k reads and 571 votes. Aahh *dances and screams*

I really didn't expect that I'd get this far. And I'm very happy. Thank you all.💗❤

So, how was this chapter?

I hope it didn't suck as much as I think it does.