It's Official. You're Crazy

Emma

"So, wait, you don't want to help us anymore?" I ask Drew who's basically acting like a child right now. He nods.

"Why not?!" Lenore yells and people in the park turn to face us. Lenore mutters something under her breath. I'm sure it's because she hates attention more than anything.

"Because--" he starts, then stands up, "I don't want to. You know how much my pay is, so just put it in my account. Have a nice life." He says and leaves.

Well that was interesting.

"That guy is definitely up to something. And we're going to find out, soon." Lenore breathes and moans in frustration.

"How did my toast filled, boring life turn into this  mystery?" She asks, rhetorically and puts her hands on her head. I reach out to hold her.

Harry is staring at me and when I stare back, he mouths, 'Everything will be fine.'

I nod, but I don't think it will. One can only hope.

Unknown person's POV

"The woman quit her job there. But I know where she is. You've been making me follow her for days now. Can't I have a day off, boss?" Quincy's tone is filled with complain.

"No. You can't. Tell me something, how did you find out where they both live?" I ask.

"Simple. I followed them, it's not that hard boss." He says, mocking me and I punch him hard in the face.

He shuts up and quietly goes to wash off the blood running from his nose.

That woman..those girls..the things they've taken from me, the things they've done to me. It makes me want to just go on with the plan quickly. But no, I'll wait. Only a few days left, and then boom! The three of them go bye bye.

**********

Lenore

"Mom and Dad said they won't be back until graduation. Apparently, they have some more debts to pay off. They sent us some more money, though. It's little, but with my savings, it'll help us get by." Harry informs me when we're sitting on my bed, eating donuts from that Sweet Treats Café.

Apparently, when we went there today, we found that mom quit. Are we even sure that crazy nutjob is our mom? I mean, who'd run away from her own kids? That's just bad on so many levels.

"Oh, well, my savings won't really help us much, since I used half of it on that Drew idiot." I say and scowl at the thought of that no good, selfish, idiotic, moronic, fooli---

"Lenny?" Harry asks. Oh. I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy mentally cursing that dirtbag.

"Oh sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked if you were okay." He says.

I sigh and say, "Not really, but I'll be fine. I'm guessing you're all prepared for the exams on Monday." I quickly change the topic. If we continue talking about the whole 'mom running away, Drew being an idiot issue', I'll break down and cry. And then, Harry, being the sweetheart he is, would give me a big, tight hug.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harry Hugs. See what I did there? It should be a TV show. Harry Hugs. In every episode, there'd be some sad person who goes through a lot and at the end, when Harry gives them his million dollar hug, everything would be fine. Everything would be all rainbows and peaches. I wish.

I laugh at my never failing stupid random thoughts.

"Yes, yes I know. I'm a nerd behind that bad boy façade." Harry raises his hands in the air in defeat.

Wait, did he think I was laughing because of the reading thing?

"Okay, I'll be straight up when I say this. I was NOT listening to you after I asked you about the reading." I say and he laughs.

"Oh, well, forget everything I said then." He says shyly and I laugh. "Nerdy Harry is a good name for you, you know."

He shoots me a deadly glare. "Those two words must never leave this room, Lenny." He warns and I can see the fear in his eyes.

I laugh loudly, totally not like how a girl should be laughing.

"Sure, sure...Nerd!" I say and he throws a pillow at me. Ouch. That hurt harder than I thought it would. I yelp in pain and he laughs.

"What were you thinking about anyway?" He asks.

I try to hold in the laughter wanting to burst out. I tell him all about Harry Hugs and how his hugs would make more money than anything he'd ever do in life. He laughs at me and shakes his head.

"Lenore?" He calls.

"Yes?"

"It's official. You're crazy." He tells me seriously and I roll on the bed, laughing so hard; tears fall out of my eyes.

He should have known that by now, but oh well.

*****

When I enter the bus, Madison starts to whisper again.

The words I want to tell her, it'd probably get me suspended. It's true when they say people just start judging without even thinking about what the person may be going through.

But, it's also true when they say actions speak louder than words. So I don't speak, I just walk up to her, take the cup of coffee she's holding and pour it all over her blonde hair.

She screeches and screams loudly. The bus driver, Mr Theo, seems concerned at first, but when he sees it's Maddie, he starts laughing like every other person in the bus.

I just walk to my seat and Maddie says some non PG words and I chuckle.

Maybe Harry is right. I'd definitely be a candidate in the Crazy Hall of Fame.

******

A/n: I was listening to Look what you made me do by Taylor Swift and Bodak Yellow when writing this. The feels.

So, how was this? Ik ik, this story is becoming annoying, drama is coming, I promise. *does innocent face*

Hope you liked it❤