Hate

Important A/N at the bottom!

********

Emma

"You're a horrible liar, you know that, right?" Lenore says, eyeing me from the bathroom mirror.

"I know, I've known that for a long time, thanks for stating the obvious." I snap.

Where did that come from?

Even Lenore looks stunned at first, then she smiles. Freaky.

"You're finally learning the language of sarcasm," she puts her head on her chest, "I'm so proud."

I roll my eyes.

"You're only angry because you think Harry doesn't trust you."

I scoff.

"Okay, you're in denial. Have it your way. Let's just go back out there and enjoy our week okay?" She says and I nod.

As we walk back to our seats, I avoid Harry's eyes. And I'm quiet throughout the rest of the day.

After we're done in the café, we prepare to go home. Lenore gives me a tight hug and I smile into her hair. When she releases me, I just wave and I'm about to leave, when Lenore stops me.

"Woah, woah, woah. Aren't you two going to say goodbye?" She says, referring to Harry and I, and smirks.

I'm trying so hard not to freak out. Harry doesn't seem fazed at all. He just walks over and hugs me too. I can see Lenore still smiling and I chuckle.

When he pulls away, he says, "Bye, Em."

"Bye, Harry."

"Now that's better." Lenore says and I roll my eyes at her.

*****

Once I get home, I see Ruby on the couch eating a big tub of ice cream. I bet she hasn't had dinner. The brat.

We haven't talked in almost a month, and as much as I used to care about her, she's dead to me. Honestly, I cannot stand her whining and bad behaviour anymore.

When she sees me, she says, "Where have you been going to lately, Em?"

"Firstly, don't call me Em, that's only for people who I care about." I start and she gasps.

"Secondly, I don't see how that's any of your business, because last time I checked, you weren't my sister anymore." I seethe. She's such a pain in the....

"So you won't tell me where you've been going?" She asks, disrupting my thoughts. Why does she even care?

"Uh. No, I won't." I say and head for the kitchen.

"Well, that's fine. Since I already know." I stop dead in my tracks.

Ruby say whaattt?

"What are you talking about, Ruby? I don't have time for your jokes." I ask, turning to face her again.

"Who says I'm joking? Wait till Mom and Dad find out you're still seeing your twin sister." She says and smirks like the devil she is.

How is she a seven year old?

"Wait. How did you know?"

"Oh. Well, you and Rick were talking that day Kelly came over and I was going to enter the kitchen, so I eavesdropped on your conversation." She says and gulps down a spoon of ice cream.

Oh, I'm so dead. Mom threatened to take away my car and my college fund. She's that mean.

Time to swallow my pride.

"Okay, Ruby, I really need you not to tell mom and Dad about this." I beg and she doesn't even look at me.

"And why should I do that?"

"Because.." I trail off and she says, "Exactly. They're at work now, when they get back, I'll go tell them right away." Her eyes glow. She's taking some sort of sick pleasure in making me feel like hell.

"Ruby, please. What do you want me to do? If you had a sister you hadn't seen in years, wouldn't you want to see her?" I ask and her eyes soften a bit before she goes back to her evil self.

"Well, luckily, I don't have a sister anymore. And don't blame me, blame your stupid mom."

Now that's it.

"Are you insane, Ruby? Are you seriously going to stoop that low? What are you? A demon? I wish I never met you! Not only are you spoilt, you can't respect people who are older than you. Oh, so you think, I'll still beg you? You can take your information and you can shove it. Go ahead and tell them. Just know that Karma's real, and your past is going to come back to haunt you. You know," I chuckle, "I've never hated anyone before. But,now, I hate you."

I just walk into my room and slam the door. Ruby's the only person I've hated in my 18 years on this earth, and I don't think I regret it.

*****

"Was that girl sent from hell or something?" Lenore asks over the phone.

"I guess so. I don't even care what she does anymore. After graduation, we're both going to live together and nobody is going to stop us. So let her tell."

Lenore sighs. "Just be careful, sis. How's Rick? I really love that dude." She chuckles and I laugh.

She and Rick had this video call a few days ago and they've grown a bit close. They talked for three hours straight. I think it's adorable that Lenore can break through the walls that Rick has built around himself. Rick isn't one who'll open up to you easily and the fact that he could talk to Lenny so freely was absolutely incredible.

"He's busy eating more Nutella in his room. He's really addicted to that stuff." I say and Lenore chuckles again.

"Well, tell Riri I love him." She says and I groan.

"What on earth, Lenore? Riri? That sounds so girly."

"Well, deal with it. Harry says hi. He's playing video games with his friends. The noise is unbearable. I'm in the basement and I can still hear the noise from here."

"Huh, I never took Harry for the video game playing type." I say.

"Well, yeah. But, he's a boy so it's normal. I think."

"True. I'm so happy Lenny."

"Happy that you saw Harry?" She says and I can already see her smirk.

"Shut it, silly. I'm happy that we found each other. It's been nice these past few weeks."

"Yes it has, Em. I don't think I've ever been so happy. Oh, chill, I got to go. Harry's calling me. I'll call you back?"

"No, it's fine. I'm sleepy anyway. We'll talk tomorrow." I tell her.

"Okay, Aurora. Sleep well." She says, teasing me.

"Very funny. You too."

"K."

And I hang up.

*******

A/n: hey again. So I haven't updated in a week and I'm sorry. School starts on Monday and I'll try to update again before them. I had writers block and I was stuck, kinda. So I hope this is okay.

Love you all