Fourteen. (2021 Update - Small Edit.)

Fourteen.

Four days had passed since the incident with the rogues and my father. During the four days, I had locked myself in my room, only ever leaving to make sure the girls were okay and to keep an eye on Matt. Then, of course, there were the nights where the twins would sneak into my room, and we would spend the night just talking. Talking about things that I had never really thought about. 

If I had a desire for children, or what I had really wanted to do with my life. What the girls wanted for the future if they even wanted to be the Alphas' of the pack. The conversations we shared brought out a profound connection between the three of us, and it had also made me realize that I did love them. I knew that I had, but having the idea of it confirmed after the nights we shared brought out an emotion even I couldn't seem to be able to name. 

Being able to connect with them after everything and finding that our relationship was growing, it almost felt as though I was in a story. While the twins and I were far from perfect, we shared a lot of common goals and ideals when it came to the idea of having a family. And understanding that while life can always be complicated, we could still share in those struggles and goals. 

Forcing the thoughts away from my head, I knocked on Alpha Isles office door and received a faint come in. Reaching out, I opened the door to reveal Matt, Jackson, Ezra, Valentine, and my parents. They were sitting, waiting for me. I had more than half expected it from the others, but not my parents. I closed the door behind me and returned my attention to Matt and Jackson. Two small files had been in my hand as I reached out and held them out to Jackson and Matt. 

"Monday, Sabine came to the school and warned me that he was planning something," Matt and Jackson looked away from the files, their eyes locked on me. The anger in them grew the longer they gazed at me. I should've told them when I had the chance, but I had been caught up in my own little world, "I know I should've said something, but with my current situation - " Jackson held his hand up, silencing me. My eyes drifted towards Matt, who was going through the small file I handed him. Matt gave out a heavy sigh as he placed the file on Valentine's desk. 

"What you're suggesting in this report, Romeo, it breaks multiple laws, especially by bringing other packs into this. Are you sure you even want to bring the girls into this? What do we fucking do when this blows up in our face with the council or elders?" Matt's timbre had changed from calm to aggression as he went on about how shitty my plan may have been. 

"I understand that!" I shouted, cutting Matt off. Jackson stood up from his seat, only to receive a growl from me. Jackson stood in his place, but Matt simply clapped his hands, gaining everyone's attention. 

"Then explain this. Not through a report, but in your words. Not something I've been having you do for the last seven years." Matt reached into his pocket and pulled a joint out of his pocket, and lit the joint.  A small smile tugged at my lips as I stepped back and leaned against the wall. Crossing my arms, I looked at Valentine and Ezra before dragging my attention towards my parents. 

"The twins are descendants of The Alpha King," I paused, forcing my attention on Valentine and Ezra to see their reaction. They seemed annoyed that I had figured this out, but the concern overshadowed their annoyance, "I've confirmed this from their marking and the colors of their eyes when their wolf makes an appearance. With this information, Matt and I are well aware of how powerful their offspring will be, even without my bloodline added to the mix." Matt raised an eyebrow as he took a long drag of his joint. 

Ezra stepped towards me, her green eyes locking with mine. There was a hint of warning in her eyes as if she was telling me to think over my response to whatever she was going to ask me, "What do you mean by 'Without my bloodline added to the mix?' Is there something that we need to prepare for as a pack to protect the girls? Are they at risk because of you, or because they're his descendants?"